gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

For Your Amusement   General Army topics

Started 15/9/21 by stancrist; 17747 views.
RRBud

30-Aug

mpopenker said:  "US could make problems out of thin air even when presented with a complete and well-established design, just google up T-24 machine gun, or a more recent Century Arms AK-47 ;)"

I've worked around the U.S. aerospace industry for the past 40+ years and find your comment to be a massive understatement.

schnuersi

1-Sep

RRBud said:

I've worked around the U.S. aerospace industry for the past 40+ years and find your comment to be a massive understatement.

I have similar experiences.
Most likely its true for every point in time trough all of human history regardless of place and culture. As soon as bureaucrats and politicians get involved things often go south.
The difference is in how transparent such happenings are and how they are comunicated.

In reply toRe: msg 1
stancrist

1-Jan

8 MG-42 mg vs VAN!!! Best MG-42 VIDEO EVER MADE!!!

Brian Lanckiewicz brings you MG-42 machine gun vs Van ! This is the best mg-42 video ever made ! It has the mg-42 ,m53, mg-74 ! We shoot this gun in every a...

schnuersi

1-Jan

There is no kill like overkill!

nincomp

3-Jan

I heard a machinegun owner refer to this as "how to turn money into noise and smoke" (and in this case, fire).  Just watching that video caused a significant pain in my wallet!

stancrist

3-Jan

LOL.  Yeah, it's certainly expensive.  However, I think most machine gun hobbyists are wealthy enough that they don't care about the $$$ spent.