gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ukraine weapons thread   General Military Discussion

Started 24-Feb by gatnerd; 139901 views.
gatnerd

27-May

Nice, now on youtube as well. Hard to tell; is the vehicles cookoff delayed, or was it hit with a 2nd AT weapon?

Ukraine War - Ukrainian Foreign Legion Fighters RGW-90 Ambush On Russian BTR | Helmet Cam

Video from a group of English speaking Ukrainian Foreign Legion fighters operating with the Ukrainian Kranken Group shows the men conducting an ambush on a R...

Mr. T (MrT4)

27-May

It was hit multiple times after the inital hit, nothing much to cook off when you hit the BTR  , maybe if you just manage to hit the ammo box

schnuersi

27-May

Mr. T (MrT4) said:

It was hit multiple times after the inital hit, nothing much to cook off when you hit the BTR , maybe if you just manage to hit the ammo box

It looked as if the first hit was to the engine compartment.
Im am not sure if multiple hits can be seen on the footage. To me it seems more like secondary explosions. Maybe the engine tearing itself appart or the ammo boxes on the roof got ignited. All explosions seem to originate from the rear roof of the vehicle or the engine deck.

schnuersi

27-May

And another strange case of an AFV alone near a forrest. Where are the dismounts? Why is the APC strolling around in the kill zone of LAWs?

Farmplinker

27-May

Maybe the dismounts were in the woods the AFV retreated to? I could see the end guy of a company told to hold this area down while we sweep the rest of the woods. Only the opposition wasn't where command thought it was.

schnuersi

27-May

graylion said:

MARS for UA?

Its called MLRS in English. MARS is the German name. ;)

gatnerd

27-May

In the video, there’s a lot of FA fire right after the vehicle is struck; possibly engaging the dismounts or dis trying to suppress the AT team?

graylion

27-May

schnuersi said:

graylion said: MARS for UA? Its called MLRS in English. MARS is the German name. ;)

I know. But the wheeeled version is called HiMARS and since anything that launches multiple ballistic rockets in this conflict is called an MLRS, down to katyushas, I thought I'd try and be a bit more precise :o)

Mr. T (MrT4)

27-May

First picts of BMPT in action