gatnerd

Military Guns and Ammunition

Hosted by gatnerd

This is intended for people interested in the subject of military guns and their ammunition, with emphasis on automatic weapons.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ukraine weapons thread   General Military Discussion

Started 24/2/22 by gatnerd; 190649 views.
Mr. T (MrT4)

26-Jun

Propaganda shells , i imagine these fuses are set to eject the leaflet payload at a predetermined point.

Russian BTG positioning according to Ukrainian MOD

Mr. T (MrT4)

27-Jun

GTA Ukraine , atempted snatching a BMP under fire

Meanwhile in Russia, they seem to be sending train loads of old BTS-4 recovery vehicles to the the front , like Soviet Military before it Russians never fielded numbers of armored recovery vehicles to match the size of its armored forces . Hence all the stuck and abandoned vehicles . BTS-4 is also quite limited in power vs never Brem recovery vehicles as its based on a T55 tank 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiNsr2t92NUh

Gr1ff1th

28-Jun

PzH2000 have arrived in ukraine, along with a friendly greeting to the russians

• Edited 28 June 2022 1:20  by  Gr1ff1th
17thfabn

30-Jun

If they are sending Leapord 1 with the 105 mm there are probably 1,000s of US M60  tanks that would be a rough equivalent that could be sent.

graylion

30-Jun

yup. I do have my doubts about this though. I think they dug up old information and drew the wrong conclusions. Also, Those tanks would be useful as FSVs, but not as MBTs. 

schnuersi

30-Jun

graylion said:

Leo1A5 headed to UA?

there are no substancial news on this topic.

Mustrakrakis

1-Jul

I'm disappointed.  We used to have a number of posters on this forum that were very vocal about the supremacy of Russian equipment, and were ready and willing to insert such opinions into nearly any conversation.  (In truth, it was mostly Soviet equipment or derivatives that were being discussed, but whatevs.  Those largely sucked too.)  Are we not talking about this anymore?  In truth, I only came back here to see the "muh monkey model" rationalizations and mine a little salt, but we seem to be talking around that subject entirely without addressing the rather obvious elephant in the room.  Again, very disappointing, but I suppose when this is all over and enough years have elapsed for those with short attention spans to forget the recent past, they'll start talking about it again, and we'll get to hear yet again about how good the ACTSHUAL T-72 truly is.  I miss those days, and I look forward to the return of those delusional muppets.  They could be annoying, but they were entertaining nonetheless. 

Mr. T (MrT4)

1-Jul

And you came to that conclusion based on what , Ukraine where 2 armies are both fighting with nearly same soviet gear?