General Beady Talk -  seed bead help (90 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hi! My name is Heather and I'm new to the beading scene.  I've recently been trying to make seed bead bracelets using 11/0 czech seed beads and Stretch Magic .7mm elastic.  I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to best thread the elastic on a needle.  Can you use Stretch Magic cord with a beading needle?  If so, what kind/size of needle works best and what is the best way to thread the needle?  I probably sound like such a novice but would appreciate any suggestions you could give me!  Thank you so much!!!

Reply   Options 

From: ~BeadyBellyrina~ (KabbalistIFA) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/7/16 8:30 AM 
To: hbella unread  (2 of 3) 
 10277.2 in reply to 10277.1 

I'm afraid this is pretty much a dead forum... and I can't really help you since I've never used stretch thread. Have you tried going to Facebook for help? The beaders from this forum have all gone over there. There are all sorts of beading groups on FB. Also youtube or google might be of help... GL! =o)

From: Barbara G. (bgreen9661) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/26/16 4:37 PM 
To: hbella unread  (3 of 3) 
 10277.3 in reply to 10277.1 

Use a "big-eye" needle.  You can't put stretch thread through a regular beading needle and most sewing needles are too big for seed beads.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.