General Discussion -  Info on accessible vehicles (45 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 
I am getting to buy a new car and was wondering what you would recommend. I have a 2005 Toyota Sienna with a wheelchair ramp and computerized hand controls. I bought this van while I was still working and badly needed the hand controls. Would like to buy something besides a van but not sure what. All I really need at this time is some way to transport my power chair (ramp or lift). Since I no longer drive very much, a car without hand controls would be fine. My husband and I looked at a KIA Soul but since the main reason to buy a car is to "play" with all of the new toys available this would not be a good fit because could not find a Soul that had every feature that I wanted. I would like to hear about what you are driving and what you like/hate about your car.
Thanks

Reply   Options 

From: Sally (SARABOWLDEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/3/17 8:29 PM 
To: Idalia Lingwall (IdaliaLingwa) unread  (2 of 2) 
 1523.2 in reply to 1523.1 
Hi Idalia! I've never had a car--I got a license but never bought a car--I hated driving. At the time I was tested all I required was a "Cheater knob" as I drove one handed. Truckers use them, illegally in my state. You might want to ask this in one of the Post-Polio Forums on Face Book--lots of experienced folks there.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.