Les Fanfarons Poetiques

Hosted by Bodellia (bodelliadoba)

Les Fanfarons Politiques means Political braggers (in French) and plainly about entertainment

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nimesh Patel kicked off stage at Columbia University   Entertainment Discussions

Started 12/6/18 by Mel_DJ; 1307 views.
Mel_DJ

12/6/18

Former 'SNL' writer Nimesh Patel kicked off stage at Columbia University for 'inappropriate' standup set.

Taryn Ryder Wed, Dec 5 1:17 PM GMT-5 

Comedian Nimesh Patel took his gig at Columbia University’s “cultureSHOCK: Reclaim” event a bit too literally, apparently.

The former Saturday Night Live writer was kicked off stage by student organizers 30 minutes into his set for jokes that were deemed homophobic and racist.

Columbia’s Asian American Alliance (AAA) invited Patel to perform at the annual charity showcase, which aims to provide a platform for Asian-American artistic expression and to break through harmful stereotypes. According to the Columbia Daily Spectator, “Patel’s performance featured commentary on his experience living in a diverse area of New York City -- including a joke about a gay black man in his neighborhood -- which AAA officials deemed inappropriate.”

yahoo.com/style/former-snl-writer-nimesh-patel-kicked-off-stage

In reply toRe: msg 1
Mel_DJ

12/6/18

Nimesh Patel Stand-Up Performance

Late Night with Seth Meyers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be4lDwh0kGY
Published on Jul 18, 2018
Comedian Nimesh Patel performs stand-up on Late Night with Seth Meyers.

grinning

In reply toRe: msg 2
Chavnah

12/7/18

Hysterical! I think since this happened he is going places - because before that I've never heard of him! 

laughing

In reply toRe: msg 2
Samurai (BushMesh)

12/8/18

laughing This guy is unique. joy

Comedian is about mocked people, it's like MEMES and cartoons!

Samurai (BushMesh)

12/8/18

SINGING RAP SONG

Nimesh Patel Sings "Graduation"—Seattle Unity Church—09-07-2014

Seattle Unity Church Published on 7 Sep 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4_-KqahRsQ
"Nimo" Patel sings his rap song "Graduation" at Seattle Unity Church on September 7th, 2014. Nimo was accompanied by the Seattle Unity House Band. Also singing is Erin McGaughan along with DIOS members Rose Harrow, Christopher Smith, and Chris Sullivan.

Erin McGaughan produced the music for this service.

Dot_hoe

12/10/18

Yet another retarded snowflakes had to ban something!

confused

Berylline

12/11/18

In that case with PC's hype there goes all the jokes and fun... I have been speculating  how George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, and even Howie Mandel would be seen on stage these days?

grinning

In reply toRe: msg 7
Berylline

12/11/18

Lenny Bruce - How To Relax Your Colored Friends At Parties (1961)

reelblack Published on 11 Apr 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84YPbucaxA
Classic comedy bit from controversial satirist Lenny Bruce and Eric Miller. Originally appeared on Lenny Bruce: American (1961)

laughing

fabul0us

12/13/18

I hear a snowflake crying: "Mammy, a kid upset my feelings whaaaa"

Such rubbish!! The news media repugnance everyday and they are not even saying anything witty. The moronic snowflakes are going to have a very tough time growing old.  grinning

misspig9y

12/14/18

scream  As form when on is it racist for Asian American citizens to joke about their own - Asian Americans? The known comedian Russell Peters does it at every show.