Chit Chat -  Do You Read Books On Your I-Phone? (126 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 10) 

I go to bookstores to sniff the books. When I want to read one, I pick up my phone.

And I’m not alone—at least on that second part. In a 2014 survey of 2,000 people, Nielsen found that 54% of book-buyers (paywall) used their smartphones for reading books at least some of the time, up from 24% two years earlier. In the first quarter of 2015, 14% of book-buyers were reading primarily on their phones, up from 9% in 2012.

https://qz.com/880425/reading-books-on-your-smartphone-is-bad-for-the-eyes-but-good-for-the-brain/

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-11 12:06 PM 
To: Linda (LoveToRead)  (2 of 10) 
 2118.2 in reply to 2118.1 

I have the Kindle app on my phone, but I almost always read books on the Kindle, not the phone

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 10) 
 2118.3 in reply to 2118.2 

If I'm not reading a paperback or hardback, I'm reading my kindle.  I find that I love my kindle mostly because I change increase the font size.  Paperback print seems to shrink more every year :-)

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-11 12:46 PM 
To: Linda (LoveToRead)  (4 of 10) 
 2118.4 in reply to 2118.3 

Linda (LoveToRead) said...

Paperback print seems to shrink more every year :-)

exactly cool

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: Linda (LoveToRead)  (5 of 10) 
 2118.5 in reply to 2118.1 

I don't think I could take the eye strain of reading on my phone, but my daughter reads on hers. I like to read on my kindle but I'm reading a 'real book' right now LOL. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katie
Mom to Emily (23), Colton (21) & Noel Patrick (17) 

Follow me to Punky's Childcare Forum! 
A great place for Daycare Providers, and Parents, too!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/care  

To: Katie (ecn8) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 10) 
 2118.6 in reply to 2118.5 

My son says that to me all the time!  He says that a kindle is not a 'real' book.  He only reads real books!

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-17 9:48 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (7 of 10) 
 2118.7 in reply to 2118.2 

Love my Kindle Voyager type, super clear script and easy on the eyes.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 10) 
 2118.8 in reply to 2118.7 

I really like my kindle .. mainly because I can change the font size.  I have Kindle PC on my computer, but I can't sit that long in front of the computer ... hurts my eyes.  And I don't have an I=Phone  :-)

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-19 12:37 PM 
To: Linda (LoveToRead)  (9 of 10) 
 2118.9 in reply to 2118.1 

Going to a bookstore is a lot like my favorite if I see one, going into a better tobacconist's shop, the smell of cured tobacco is frighteningly addictive.  I do NOT go into the smoking room(s) as it stinks, odd dichotomy but very true.  Same with a bakery or winery, the delicious smell from the aromatics is just so good.

I am not so turned on by the moldy/musty smell of an old book store but do not have any averse reaction.  New book stores do have an attractive inky redolence by comparison..

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 10) 
 2118.10 in reply to 2118.9 

I love the smell of newer books!   When I was still working, I always looked forward to the first of the year when I'd get all the new coding books for diagnoses and procedures.  I'd always sniff them awhil before sharing.  :-)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.