BOOK REVIEWS -  THE BEST REASONS TO VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS (99 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-11 8:42 AM 
To: All  (1 of 9) 

THE BEST REASONS TO VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS by JIM CARLSON *****

A great gift for the democrat in your family!

The author did his research ..... See why there are no good reasons to vote Democrat.

I did this review entirely with tongue in cheek. :-) If I have offended anyone, please accept my apology. I just couldn't resist.

Reply   Options 

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-14 2:12 AM 
To: All  (2 of 9) 
 2424.2 in reply to 2424.1 

Book of Blank Pages Tops Best Seller List

In a recent update, the Amazon best seller list has a new book in its number one spot. Michael J. Knowles' release Reasons to Vote for Democrats: A Comprehensive Guide is said to be the “most exhaustively researched and coherently argued Democrat Party apologia to date.” Despite this, it stands as a book for all ages. More >

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 9) 
 2424.3 in reply to 2424.1 

The best reason to vote for Democrats is in the White House right now.  (And I'm a Republican - at least I used to be.)

Pat

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-15 3:17 PM 
To: St. Joseph, pray for us! (Pat5295)  (4 of 9) 
 2424.4 in reply to 2424.3 

And if it were Clinton in the WH, people would be saying that's the reason to vote Republican  :-)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 9) 
 2424.5 in reply to 2424.1 

Please note if you start an apology with the word "if" it is not an apology. it is simply an expression of regret. To be an apology the person must know what he has done is wrong, and expresses a desire never to repeat this action. When one starts with an "if" one takes no responsibility for the action that follows. Actually it is a put down for the person who chooses to be offended and puts no onus on the person supposedly offending him.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-17 9:29 AM 
To: RGoss99  (6 of 9) 
 2424.6 in reply to 2424.5 

I worded it that way because for all I know I didn't offend anyone. If I didn't offend anyone there was no need for an apology.

So .. I'll re=word it for you  ...  I apologize, if I offended anyone.

• Edited March 17, 2017 9:32 am  by  Linda (LoveToRead)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 9) 
 2424.7 in reply to 2424.6 

No difference if you don´t know you offended anyone, or did not intend to offend anyone no need to apologize

Saying "sorry" is simply a meaningless speech convention, most picked up from their parents under duress, so is not only meaningless but insincere.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-17 10:42 AM 
To: RGoss99  (8 of 9) 
 2424.8 in reply to 2424.7 

Three sharp raps on my knuckles for being brainless and in your opinion, insincere

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 9) 
 2424.9 in reply to 2424.8 

G=G+1

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.