OFF TOPIC / / WHATEVER // JOKES / THOUGHTS / RANDOM RAMBLINGS -  Tattoo - Yay or Nay? (254 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-13 7:29 PM 
To: All  (1 of 16) 

Reply   Options 

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-14 11:30 AM 
To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 16) 
 3371.2 in reply to 3371.1 

If you can casually cover it, why not?  On the face or upper neck, not on your life.  Lower arms, no so much, on biceps and above or torso and upper legs, go for it.  Not so hot for Tramp Stamps generally or women that get Hot and Cold or Sweet and Sour on the upper chest.

HOWEVER, any tattoo you get should largely reflect who you really are and NOT make overt political or radical commentary that you may seriously regret later in life.  Consider them a massive commitment to what they are that can involve LOTS of pain and discomfort to remove, they may even create job or career challenges by their very existence.  The fairly heavily tattooed Marine guy that won fall 2017 Survivor even had one on his upper shoulder that had to be covered throughout the production, it did not pass the PG-13 level for public viewing.  That is a serious tattoo that may be on the outside of acceptable.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-15 12:51 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 16) 
 3371.3 in reply to 3371.2 

I don't particularly care for tattoos, especially the really large ones.  I found this picture interesting..  mainly because of the relation to books ... and it is quite colorful .. but it looks awfully large  :-)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 16) 
 3371.4 in reply to 3371.1 

Have you ever attempted to purchase a t-shirt that says nothing? 

Those that do, whether one agrees with the message or not, often outlast the relevance of the message.

So if I don´t purchase clothes, that one can simply change when I don´t agree with the message any more,

why would I want to advertise with a more permanent message on my body.

I was raised in California when tats were only found on low lifes, or military types.

When I joined up (USMC) it was considered cool to get a tat, but I noticed most wh did were from 

fly over places such as Kansas, so being a cool coastal kd, I decided it was uncool to identify with people from

Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, etc. so overcame the temptation. 

I now live outside the U.S. where a cool symbol is a sargantina, which is seldom worn where it can be seen.

The reason I know people have such tats, is because they are usually on the ankle or lower leg, however

belonging to a castellera team, where the competitions cause the uniform to ride up, I have noticed that quite

a few of both gendeers have them.

I once had a student in the 90s, who I had introduced to he letteers and poetry of Francis and Clare, Brother Sun

and Sister Moon. So to pretend to be sophisticated, she had a sun and a moon tatooed beneath her breasts. The

only reason I knew about them, is that there was  senior ditch day and a bunch of the 12th graders went to the beach.

Of course there are no points for a tattoo unless someone can see it, so at some point she was topless, sa all her friends

had seen them. The problem with ditch day, is that the penalty or cutting school was a one day suspension, so it was not

hard for the administration, after recieving fake or real notes from parents regarding illness, to seperate the real from the

false.

BTW, I have no religious thing against "decorating" my body, it is just that I prefer it in its natural state. The only jewelry I ever

wore was a gold wedding ring. In the Marine corps, we were required to wear dog tags. My problem if the metal was not pure, I get 

an alergic reaction. So, until they caught me, I carried them with the chain in my short pocket. My suggestion that they provide me

with a gold chain because of my medical "handcap" was not taken seriously, so my entire time in the mili, I had the chain wrapped 

in a plastic adhesive tape.

• Edited January 15, 2018 2:27 pm  by  RGoss99

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-16 5:20 PM 
To: RGoss99  (5 of 16) 
 3371.5 in reply to 3371.4 

Some tattoos are really interesting ... doesn't mean I want it anywhere on my body ... seen or not.

I always wondered what those with tattoos did when the got older, the skin got saggier ....  not a pretty sight  :-)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 16) 
 3371.6 in reply to 3371.5 

My thought exactly. As a child, I would sometimes walk my dog past the property of an older man covered with tattoos who mowed his lawn wearing only shorts. The tattoos were all faded and stretched out--not a pretty sight--not to mention that the dyes used are toxic.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-17 7:22 AM 
To: SMollick  (7 of 16) 
 3371.7 in reply to 3371.6 

I guess most people don't think ahead ...  :-)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 16) 
 3371.8 in reply to 3371.7 

That's putting it mildly.

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 16) 
 3371.9 in reply to 3371.1 
I don't do tattoos, but I like this one.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-17 12:14 PM 
To: kindlecustom  (10 of 16) 
 3371.10 in reply to 3371.9 

It's interesting!  I'd rather it be done on poster board so I could frame it  :-)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-16
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.