IN THE NEWS -  Walmart To Start Selling E-Books Online (141 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/4/18 8:07 AM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Walmart Makes a Late Entry Into the E-Book Market

Walmart is making a circuitous and belated push into the digital book market, teaming up with a Japanese company to sell e-books and audiobooks. The deal with Rakuten, an e-commerce giant based in Japan, will allow Walmart to start selling digital books on its website for the first time later this year.

Reply   Options 

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/4/18 8:09 AM 
To: All  (2 of 4) 
 3422.2 in reply to 3422.1 

Walmart and Rakuten partner on grocery delivery in Japan, Kobo e ...

(E-books will arrive first, followed by audiobooks.) Walmart will also sell digital book cards in stores, as well as Kobo's e-readers. Kobo is the second-largest e-reader manufacturer worldwide, but never became a household name here in the U.S. However, the company has been fairly innovative with its ...

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 3422.3 in reply to 3422.1 

Interesting that Walmart will be selling e-books soon.  The article also mentioned that e-books sales have been down.  Maybe that's because the publisher, setting the prices, decided to make them much higher than in the beginning.

border=

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/9/18 7:01 AM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (4 of 4) 
 3422.4 in reply to 3422.3 

You're probably right!  It surprises me to see the same books at varied prices depending on where you're shopping.  I'm pretty happy with Amazon for ebooks.  Barnes & Noble / Kobo are usually much higher in price. 

I really wish someone could come up with a reader that ANY ebook would be compatible with. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.