Chit Chat -  What Book Lovers Say - What They Mean (160 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-9 8:19 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Do you ever look at the bookworm in your life and think: is there more to what you’re saying than is actually being said here? Or maybe your book-loving bestie drops terms like “DNF” and “TBR”, and you’ve been too embarrassed about being behind on the latest lingo (YOLO, after all) to ask her to clarify. Are you friends with a reader who always has an irrefutable excuse for canceling plans at the last minute (and is somehow ALWAYS up to date on the latest literary buzz?) If any of this sounds familiar, chances are you know a bookworm who needs decoding — and this handy guide to things all book-lovers say (and what they really mean) is here to help you make sense of it all.

The fact is, being a book-lover is like any other niche specialty: we have our own lexicon, and sometimes what we say isn’t, exactly, always what we mean. (And yeah, we’ve never met an excuse to stay home and read that we didn’t like. Don’t take it personally.)

This is your (preliminary) guide to decoding the bookworm in your life — 18 things all book lovers say, and what they (aka: we) really mean.

https://www.bustle.com/p/17-things-book-lovers-say-what-they-actually-mean-9218529

Reply   Options 

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 3796.2 in reply to 3796.1 

I know I've used

"So many books, so little time"

"So...what are you currently reading?"

"What did you think of the book I recommended?"

"Just let me finish this chapter."

and "It's a perfect day to stay in and read" (especially in the winter and it's minus 20C outside)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.