Chit Chat -  Is Your Book A First Edition? (306 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-4 7:30 AM 
To: All  (1 of 32) 

Chances are if you’re an avid book collector, you’ve looked at your shelves and thought, “I wonder how valuable some of my books are!” Or maybe you’re a used bookstore patron and you’ve stumbled upon really pristine, really old copies of popular books that were super cheap, and thought maybe they might be worth more than their sticker price.

How to Tell if a Book is a First Edition

https://bookriot.com/2019/10/03/first-edition/

Reply   Options 

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 32) 
 5299.2 in reply to 5299.1 

I have a couple of first edition books but it's not something that I really care about.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-4 9:52 AM 
To: Freeman54  (3 of 32) 
 5299.3 in reply to 5299.2 

My son has a collection .. but these are books published in the 50s, 60s, 70s.  I don't know what they are worth now, but I think a real collector would pay a pretty penny

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 32) 
 5299.4 in reply to 5299.3 

Thanks for the good article!  My daughter just bought an old Black Beauty book and she has been looking for information on it.

border=

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-5 6:54 AM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (5 of 32) 
 5299.5 in reply to 5299.4 

My son has several first editions.  I think he hit the jackpot with a book on Winston Churchill ... signed by the great man himself.  He's got that one wrapped in plastic  :-)

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 32) 
 5299.6 in reply to 5299.5 

I sent that site to my daughter and she wrote back with a big thanks.  She said there was a lot of information she can use.

Good for your son!!!

border=

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 32) 
 5299.7 in reply to 5299.5 
How did your son manage that?
Sadly, my well read 1st editions were lost in my flood. I did hang Heidi on a line to dry as Santa inscribed it to my mother and her older brother for Christmas about 95 years ago. All the Tarzan were in worse shape.

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-5 11:14 AM 
To: kizmet1  (8 of 32) 
 5299.8 in reply to 5299.7 

Rain floods in New Orleans destroyed over 1,000 photos and negatives that I took in the Arctic and Antarctic as well as Vietnam and other places in my wanderings, losses from Acts of God can be so tragic.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 32) 
 5299.9 in reply to 5299.8 
Oh, I know how you feel.
I had just moved into a new house. Was working on organizing the upstairs living quarters. Tons of things were in the lower level. A few months later a river was getting high but the media was only focused on commercial area of downtown Portland and nothing else. When the warning came for my tiny area, no one told me until it was too late. I got 5' in my lower level and garage. Lost a lot of things that had been my grandparents'.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-6 10:50 AM 
To: Tedster (MARCIASC)  (10 of 32) 
 5299.10 in reply to 5299.6 

Nice to know she found something she can use!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-32
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.