OFF TOPIC / / WHATEVER // JOKES / THOUGHTS / RANDOM RAMBLINGS -  Reader Personality Types (552 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-10 6:51 AM 
To: All  (1 of 61) 

Reply   Options 

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-10 9:03 PM 
To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 61) 
 5699.2 in reply to 5699.1 
I'm an E/H type.

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 61) 
 5699.3 in reply to 5699.1 

A -- Reads the last chapter first. Of fiction? No, no, no, no, no! There was a reading promotion ad on the radio a while back in which LeVar Burton confessed that sometimes he liked to peek at the ending. I cringed when I heard it. Nothing would be more likely to make me want to quit reading.

B -- Decides to DNF within the first two chapters. I had to look up "DNF", but suppose that applies to me. With rare exceptions if a book doesn't interest me within two chapters, then it's lost its chance. (After all, there are millions of books I'll never get a chance to read, and it got a better chance than most.) Not that this happens often, as I usually pick books I'll like.

B and H (Has a TBR mountain but still buys or borrows more books) probably apply to me better than the other choices, though. I don't buy many books nowadays, but often borrow or find free copies on the internet of books that appeal to me more at the moment than any I'd already planned on reading.

To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 61) 
 5699.4 in reply to 5699.2 

I prefer to read books in order, but won't wait, for instance, for the next mystery in a series of library books if others are available. Of course, mysteries usually just reuse some of the characters, and that doesn't matter much. There are probably some series, though, in which reading them out of order gives you endings more or less the way choice A does.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-11 5:44 AM 
To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 61) 
 5699.5 in reply to 5699.2 

I think I'm more a B-H type

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 61) 
 5699.6 in reply to 5699.1 

I'm definitely an H with a bit of B and E thrown in.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-12 5:25 AM 
To: Freeman54  (7 of 61) 
 5699.7 in reply to 5699.6 

I think there have been times I've been all of those  :-)

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-14 10:32 PM 
To: gjones2two  (8 of 61) 
 5699.8 in reply to 5699.4 
I have so many series that I am reading that I can bounce around while waiting for a new installment to come out in one of them...lol

From: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-14 10:33 PM 
To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 61) 
 5699.9 in reply to 5699.5 
There have been a few that I decided to DNF over the years, but for the most part I haven't run into that problem.

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-15 5:56 AM 
To: Song~ (_Song_) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 61) 
 5699.10 in reply to 5699.8 

I get irritated when I'm waiting for a new book in a series ... and then miss it until its been out forever  :-)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 41-50 51-60 61
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.