BOOK REVIEWS -  AUGUST ORIGINS (MACKENZIE AUGUST, BK 2) (58 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-23 8:28 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

AUGUST ORIGINS (MACKENZIE AUGUST, BK 2) by ALAN LEE ****

AUGUST ORIGINS introduces Mack August, former police detective, former English teacher, now a Private Investigator.  

Sheriff Stackhouse begs Mack to help her out.  The drug trade in their area has been taken over by a gang leader, known as the General, and young girls have been targeted... then killed as a rite of passage.

She wants him to go undercover at the local high school in order to infiltrate the general's operative ranks inside, identify the crime boss, and bring him down.

There's plenty of action with enough 'toughs' to keep you riveted to the pages.  Watch out for the explosive, unexpected conslusion.  This is just the first of a series and I, for one, will be adding the others to my towering TBB pile.

Mack August is a unique character. He has a smart-aleck answer for just about everything. He's funny and sometimes irrelevant, sometimes rude, sometimes just to make a point.  He lives with his father, Timothy August (as he always calls him) and his 2-year-old son.  He's trying hard to be the kind of man, the kind of son, the kind of father, that he wants to be.

Mack is also tough as nails, practices Mixed Martial Arts and has no fear that he doesn't joke about.  He also has a best friend, Manny, a member of law enforcement, who shows up to stay with them awhile. He bunks on Mack's floor with a gun drawn .. but he's sweet as candy when it comes to Mack's son.

This is well written with skillfully drawn characters. Mack's sense of humor may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed the heck out of it.  There's a bit of budding romance, but Mack isn't sure he wants involved with a woman who is a practicing lawyer and a bartender.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING!

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.