Chit Chat -  The Best Ways to Recycle Old Books (136 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-2 1:10 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

If you’re like me, the very idea of “getting rid of a book” is as woefully impossible as slaying an actual dragon. In the same vein, the idea of throwing a book away is an absolute horror. But recycling books and passing knowledge onto someone else so that they can go on their own literary adventures? That’s a very different story. 

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/how-recycle-books

Reply   Options 

To: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 7027.2 in reply to 7027.1 

House has a maximum capacity of 9,000 books. So, when something comes in something has to go. It is like dispatching old friends. You could re-purpose them like using “Who’s Who” to sit up higher at the table. Or Books in Print” as a doorstop.

Really though I just donate to “Friends of the Library.”

Occasionally I find myself re-purchasing old friends.

I like the fact that kindle has no limited capacity ( I just worry about access.)

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-5 11:04 PM 
To: bernie44444  (3 of 3) 
 7027.3 in reply to 7027.2 

I take  care of a small library in my little community, so that's where most of my books go when I'm done.  These days, I'm reading  more from  my kindle, so my donations haven't been as much as in the past. Sometimes I donate to Hospice care .... they disperse books to their cancer patients, as well as their families .... sometimes to one or two of the local thrift stores.

I thought I was the only one who occasionally gave away a book.. and then later bought it again.  :-)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.