BOOK REVIEWS -  MISSING (CASS LEHMAN, BK 3) by MELANIE CASEY (281 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Linda (LoveToRead) DelphiPlus Member Icon2/15/16 1:13 PM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

MISSING (CASS LEHMAN, BK 3) by MELANIE CASEY

This is the 3rd and final chapter into the adventures of Cass Lehman.  Blessed ..or curse... with a special gift that allows her to see the last few moments of a deceased person as long as their death was sudden or violent.  This one actually does a good job of being a stand-alone, but be warned, you'll want to start at the beginning to see what you've missed.

Cass is living with Detective Ed Dyson, and although they love each other, they do have their ups and downs.  Ed is being given the chance of moving back to where Cass' mom and grandma live.  Being the man he is, he sort of makes the decision without consulting her.  At the same time, Ed's boss is offering a job to Cass as a full-time consultant.  

Ed has other problems ... homeless men are coming up missing.  Later, bodies ...or I should say .. parts of bodies have been found in the town dump.  Hands and finger, an occasional skull, feet, toes.   But being homeless, they are not easily identified.

And just when Ed decides he could use Cass' gift ... she loses it.  But she's been through a lot of stress and trauma lately.  Her mother was shot and her grandma almost lost their lives to a mentally ill bad guy that Cass has had to deal with in the past.  Cass manages to get his gun and kills him, but her whole life is changing.

I think this was the best in the series.  Lots of energy, lots of suspense, and when you find out what happening to those bodies and why, you'll want to sleep with the lights on.  In some respects, I was a bit sad at the ending, and on the other hand, it was a very satisfying one.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these books and look forward to seeing what this author will do next.

Many thanks to the author / Pantera Press / NetGalley who provided a digital copy in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.