Putting the U in Colourful! (Kidmagnet)

Buggy for Bugs

Hosted by Putting the U in Colourful! (Kidmagnet)|Just Kiddin'

Find bugs interesting? Want to learn more? Or share your own bug knowledge? This is the forum for you! Please check your Raid at the door.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Water for Bees   Bees, wasps, hornets

Started Jul-31 by Putting the U in Colourful! (Kidmagnet); 111 views.

In reply toRe: msg 1

If you do this let me know how it works- I have a flower pot tray that has raised parts and I refill it a few times a day. I have no idea if anything is actually using it though. You might observe all kinds of tiny critters coming for a sip.

I leave a bigger container out over night for any wandering mammals. (shhh hubby does not knwo that) I've seen cats come to drink the water that collects on the hosta leaves after I water them and I know we get raccoon, skunk and possum wandering through.

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-7

It sounds cute, but somehow, bees have managed for all these years without us providing them with watering pans. Sort of seems like looking for a problem that doesn't exist. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1 said:

bees have managed for all these years

Actually they are not managing for all these years. Bees do need water but they need clean water. Not water contaminated in the many ways we screw things up lol

And it is a cute idea. Anytime you can interact in a non threatening way with nature you should and you should encourage others to. Trying to convince people to save a planet they know little of is a bit like ramming your head into a brick wall.