Music -  Happy Thanksgiving (48 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe
From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/25/02 10:57 AM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Happy Thanksgiving all  50 of you.  I remember Thanksgiving celebrations at the Cafe' au Go Go where I was blessed and fortunate enough to feed 500 people at the Annual Blues Bags.  Now most of the OLDE Players are gone, Muddy Waters, Otis Spann, Jimi Hendrix, Freddie Neil, Andy Kulberg, Dave Van Ronk, and so many more great blues/folk players.  Those legendary days in the Village 60's laid the foundation for the music and theatre of today, but you know what? THERE IS JUST AS MUCH TALENT HERE TODAY and many more ways to express oneself.  Have fun and hug your brothers and sisters and thank the great spirit for being HERE NOW.

Edited 11/26/2002 10:47:47 AM ET by solomoney
 Reply   Options 

To: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 103.2 in reply to 103.1 
your email address?

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/26/02 10:45 AM 
To: FLucarelli  (3 of 4) 
 103.3 in reply to 103.2

good hearing from you.  How's the book doing?  I'm looking foward to #2 & 3.  Happy Holidays.

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/1/02 6:41 PM 
To: All  (4 of 4) 
 103.4 in reply to 103.1 

Eric Clapton met b.b. King at my Cafe' au Go Go one Thanksgiving Weekend Blues Bag and Jammed till the early morning hours and vowed to each other that one day they would make an album together.  They cut "Riding With the King" last year and received a Grammy for their effort.  The liner notes mention The Cafe' au Go Go as the place they met when Eric was playing there with The Cream and B.B. was on the bill with the Blues Bag that Thankgiving in 1965 when the augogo brought the Blues to New York in a way never done before.  The event was recorded and released in parts on MGM/Verve/Folkways who sponsered the event and launched the Blues Project and Richie Havens and Tim Hardin.  I am thankful that after all these years there is still ongoing recognition of that Fantastically beautiful event where young and old enjoyed the BLUES in a way unrivaled in musical history.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.