People -  Laughed So Much I Thought I'd Cry (35 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe
From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/17/02 10:11 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 
I find it difficult to believe that there absolutely no interest in the history of Cafe' au Go Go even though 39 years have passed since its inception.  When I go to cafe au go go on the web I find the most amazing sites of peoples recollections of special shows they saw such as, The Cream, Jimi Hendrix, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, B. B. King, Ian & Sylvia, The Blues Project, Blood Sweat & Tears, Procol Harum, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe, Canned Heat, Grateful Dead, Richie Havens, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Donovan, Shawn Phillips, Lenny Bruce, Richie Pryor, George Carlin, Mike Nichols, Elaine May, Vaughn Meader, Janis Joplin, Cass Elliot, Jimmy Morrison, Fred Neil, Vince Martin, Jerry Jeff Walker, Richie Havens, Al Kooper and dozens of other greats passing into the annals of time.  The cutting edge, finnesse, quality, craftmanship, never to have been repeated again in the history of cabaret theater.
 Reply   Options 

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/19/02 9:27 PM 
To: All  (2 of 2) 
 105.2 in reply to 105.1 
I guess it was JAZZ that drew me to the cabaret.  It was in the early 40's for me on 52nd Street at night after school that I found myself at 15 years old listening to Bird, Diz, Miles, Max, Lady Day, Stuff Smith, Coleman, Ben Webster, after working sessions with the Raymond Scott orchestra as band boy at NBC.  Getting to hear big orchestra sounds up close with the likes of Cootie Williams, and all those other guys who played day and night for the rent and for jazz n' blues.  You can't possibly know what its like because now I'm 60 years older and its all but a hazy memory, but the sound still remains in the recesses of my soul.  Perhaps that's why I opened the Cafe' au Go Go in the 60's to get a chance to produce some of those greats and many new ones who came along.  I suppose it was in my heart and there was little else I could do but do the thing and play the music for audiences from all over the world and share that common experience of communication through music especially JAZZFOLKBLUESROCKRAGA  and all that thing.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.