Music -  Tim Buckley, Canned Heat, Odetta,  (41 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe
From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/18/03 2:16 PM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Robert Shelton of The New York Times gave Tim Buckley a rave review for a Monday Night performance at The Garrick Theater (the Upstairs of the Cafe' au Go Go).  A Brilliant Concert at age 20.

Variety reviewed him a few weeks before downstairs at Cafe' au Go Go and gave him KUDO's. 

Accompanied on both occasions by Lee Underwood (E G), Carter C.C. Collins, Ian Underwood (Piano @ Organ.  Bob Shelton said "he could have sung the NY Telephone Book and his audience would still have been impressed.  The entire group soured mightilly in Mr. Buckley's 15 minute magnum opus, "Goodbye and Hello" a Jacques Brel-like essay into anger, hope and redemption.

Reply   Options 

To: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 106.2 in reply to 106.1 
That review is online in the Tim Buckley Archives site. I think that it was the only gigs in which he played with Ian Underwood, the Zappa keyboard player. Buclkey used many Zappa cats but he didn't like Mothers music. Underwood tells that in his book. I recommend it to you. It's beautiful.

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/19/03 6:54 PM 
To: Thedolphin  (3 of 4) 
 106.3 in reply to 106.2 
Ian was a good friend and we toured through Europe with Frank.  I helped film him and the Mothers in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, called We're Only In It For the Money.  Tom Wilson was also along on the TRIP and we hung in Stockholm and had a great time.  I didn't know IAN had a book out.  Is it still in print?  I wonder if i'm in it?

To: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 106.4 in reply to 106.3 
I mean the book by Lee Underwood, the guitar and eternal Tim Buckley's partner. "Blue Melody. Tim Buckley Remembered", Backbeat Books.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.