General Discussion -  CAFEAUGO-GO (192 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/7/03 7:42 PM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 
WWW.CAFEAUGO-GO.COM DOMAIN NAME TO SOON BE A WEBSITE LINKING INFORMATION OF THE 60'S PLUS THE MUSIC, ART, THEATER, FILM/TV WHICH MADE HISTORY.

Reply   Options 

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/7/03 9:52 PM 
To: All  (2 of 6) 
 108.2 in reply to 108.1 

THE BLUES PROJECT BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS  CROSBY STILLS NASH & YOUNG  FRED NEIL  JONI MITCHELL  JERRY JEFF WALKER RICHIE HAVENS ODETTA  MUDDY WATERS  BB KING  JOHN LEE HOOKER  ERIC CLAPTON  THE CREAM THE YOUNGBLOODS JIMMY JAMES AND THE BLUE FLAMES  JIMI HENDRIX  THE GRATEFUL DEAD  JERRY GARCIA  IAN AND SYLVIA  LENNY BRUCE  GEORGE CARLIN  MORT SAHL  RICHIE PRYOR  TIM HARDIN  BUZZY LINHART  THE SEVENTH SONS  VINCE MARTIN  PACIFIC GAS AND ELECTRIC  STEVE MILLER AL ARONOWITZ  ALBERT GROSSMAN  BOB DYLAN  JOAN BAEZ  BUFFY ST MARIE  BIG JOE WILLIAMS  BUKKA WHITE  SKIP JAMES SON HOUSE  DAVE VAN RONK  AL KOOPER  ANDY KUHLBERG  STEVE KATZ  BENNET GLOTSER  DAVID GEFFEN  JERRY PERRENCHIO  JERRY WEINTRAUB  SID BERNSTEIN  FRED WEINTRAUB  JOHN HAMMOND JR.  STAN GETZ  ASTRUD GILBERTO LUIS BONFA JOAU GILBERTO  ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM  BILL EVANS TRIO  MAX ROACH  ABBEY LINCOLN  COUNTRY JOE AND THE FISH  JEFFERSON AIRPLANE  BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND  JAMES COTTON BLUES BAND  JOHN LEE HOOKER  STAPLE SINGERS  OLATUNJI  SUN RA ARCHESTRA  MOTHERS OF INVENTION  UNCLE MEAT  JUDY COLLINS  GENYA RAVAN  JOHN MAYALL  THE BLUES BREAKERS  MICK TAYLOR  NIC VENET  IAN AND SYLVIA  JIM KWESKIN JUG BAND  MARIA MULDAUR  GEOFF MULDAUR  JOHN CASH  MARY JOHN WILKIN BUCKY WILKIN JOHN STEWART  DAVID CLAYTON THOMAS  FRANK ZAPPA  PAUL NEWMAN  JOANNE WOODWARD  ELIZEBETH TAYLOR RICHARD BURTON  LILLY TOMLIN  LOUIS ST LOUIS  SEVERAN DARDIN  LOUISE LASSER  ELAINE MAY  ELLIOT RANDAL  DANNY KALB  JEFFERSON AIRPLANE GRACIE SLICK  PAUL KANTNER  MICHAEL LANG  MILES DAVIS JR.  MILES  WOODY HERMAN AND THE HERD  BEN WEBSTER ZOOT SIMMS  ALAN EAGER  COLEMAN HAWKINS  JERRY SCHOENBAUM  MGM/FOLKWAYS  MGM/VERVE  CREED TAYLOR  OTIS SPANN  RENEE TAYLOR VAUGHN MEADER  THE POPULACE   SPEAK OUT   COLLISION COURSE  MACBIRD  THE BAG IM IN  THE THIRD EAR  YOKO ONO HAPPENINGS  NAM JUNE PIKE  WARREN BERNHARDT  POPS WHITTIKER  COLLISION COURSE  TOBY REYNOLDS  THE LIVING THEATER  JUDITH MALINA  JULIAN BECK  JOHN SEBASTIAN  FELIX PAPPALARDI  HARVEY BROOKS  PETER CHILDS  MONTE DUNN  COLERIDGE PARKINSON TRIO  PETER YARROW  PROCOL HARUM  THE ANIMALS  DAVE CLARK 5  LINDA EASTMAN  MAMA CASS  TWIGGY  HERBIE COHEN  BILL GRAHAM  CLIVE DAVIS  NAT WEISS  NEMPOROR  WM MORRIS  GAC  ABGM  ALBERT KING  HOWLING WOLF  ALBERTO GIO QUINTO  HERBIE MANN  THE THIRD EAR  ALBERT AYLER  THE FUGS  THE LOVIN SPOONFUL  BEAR HITE  PIGPEN  CANNED HEAT AL WILSON   MONDAY HOOTS   BABO 66  THE BELIEVERS  ALAN DOUGLAS  JAN AND DEAN   NEW FACES  BLEECKER STREET IRREGULARS  THE TIN ANGEL  MORT SAHL  THE AU GO GO SINGERS  RICHIE FURAY  STEPHEN STILLS  BREAKFAST N' JAZZ  TONY PONZINI  JOE BOLOGNA  PRINCE  LITTLE JOE  TIM BUCKLEY  ALAN GINSBERG  TIM LEARY  RICHARD ALPERT  SABICAS  GARRICK THEATER  ART D'LUGOFF  MANNY ROTH  NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY  KAREN DALTON  BRIAN EPSTEIN  ERIC BURDON  THE BAND  RICK DANKO RICHARD MANUEL MARY MARTIN  JIM AND JEAN  BUNKY AND JAKE  GREENWICH VILLAGE THE HEART OF BLEECKER STREET  ERIC ANDERSEN  BOB GIBSON  HAMILTON CAMP  STEVE MILLER JESSE COLIN YOUNG  DINO VALENTE  THE CHAMBERS BROTHERS  EPIC CBS MGM VANGUARD  ELEKTRA  JIM MORRISON  JANIS JOPLIN  SHAWN PHILLIPS  BILL HANLEY  CHIP MONK  KATIE WHEELER  TWANG  STONE PONEYS  ERIC CLAPTON GINGER BAKER JACK BRUCE  DAVID BLUE  AMERICAN PATROL  HUDSON DUSTERS  SILVER APPLES  WOODSTOCK  THE BEAR  JOYOUS LAKE  PURPLE ELEPHANT    

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/9/03 9:50 PM 
To: All  (3 of 6) 
 108.3 in reply to 108.2 

john fahey  eve otto   bill hanley linda eastman  yoko ono  richie havens  stan stampler  irving maidman   ............the misty memories long faded into one sometimes bring back moments in time when we together made the history that is today recorded in the annals of time.........the millions of notes played created a vibration lasting beyond our conscious moments..........elvin bishop  bugzy maher  mark naftalin  butter  george harmonica smith  elvin bishop  michael bloomfield  al kooper  ..........fade into one....... 

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/10/03 12:28 AM 
To: All  (4 of 6) 
 108.4 in reply to 108.1 
I was in the village last year.  Very little has changed.  Same old hustle bustle.  I liked what I saw and enjoyed the many new cafe's with the olde village flavour.  The few restaurants I dined in were good to excellent at medium prices.  I hadn't been back since I sold the au go go in 1969 except one weekend for my daughter's wedding.  I totally enjoyed my stay at the Washington Square Hotel overlooking the park.  Little old New York and its Village atmosphere without comparision to anywhere.  I miss it.  Perhaps soon I'll go back and spend time there and in Woodstock.  I noticed many cyber cafe's in Manhattan which makes the world a smaller cosier place, where one can express themselves to a wider audience than ever, instantly publishing and exchanging ideas and art forms.  Being able to link to sites of common interest in far flung places is totally amazing to me at my advanced age.

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host6/20/03 11:07 AM 
To: All  (5 of 6) 
 108.5 in reply to 108.4 
Cafe' au Go Go closed 34 years ago today.

To: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (6 of 6) 
 108.6 in reply to 108.5 

Hi, I'm currently directing a documentary on the life and music of Karen Dalton. If any one has any information on anyone who might have photos, live recordings from gaslight or cafe au go go or any film footage. Please put them in contact with me. Bobby.yapkowitz@gmail.com

Thanks

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.