Books -  post # 700 (32 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/7/04 9:34 PM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 
Got any great Cafe' au Go Go stories?  Post them here.

Reply   Options 

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/7/04 9:45 PM 
To: All  (2 of 5) 
 116.2 in reply to 116.1 
 Rick Geiger of the au go go singers is writing a book of the period for a New York Publisher full of fact and fanciful humour about the quirkyness of the people of the Village and haunts of the new rich from the music business who made it to the top and bottom of the BIZ.  He mentions the great vocalist Kathy King who sang Lead along with Stephen Stills and Richie Furay and to this day is still going at it, strong.  Also a writer, she's about finished with her second novel based on the period.  Also their times with CSN&Y in the early 60's to a book launching in Paris and New York not too long ago.

From: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/7/04 9:53 PM 
To: katgal98  (3 of 5) 
 116.3 in reply to 116.2 
Hi Kathy come on up again to the mountains and visit the new Ristorante Avanti where the Olde Town Cafe was where we had coffee n' such........you'll enjoy yourself and you are most welcome.  Hope you're feeling better and singing all over LA with your special group.  Maybe somehow you could play up here at the Lake Gregory Community Theater.  Dave Holden an old time Blues Player took it over.  He's the pastor of the Mountain Experience at the Community Church. 

To: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 116.4 in reply to 116.3 
Hi Howard,
Got your message and would love to visit again, and perhaps play, with my band. I was worried your place might have perished in the fires! Glad all is well.
Kat

From: Jzero (JZERO1) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/8/04 12:57 AM 
To: solomoney DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 116.5 in reply to 116.1 

Hey Howard

Would you please contact me offline?

My email is jbrolly@optonline.net.

I've tried reaching you by email through Delphi, but my email came back.

Later,

Jack

Jack

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.