News Items -  Art Bell, host of 'Coast to Coast', died (187 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 

Radio host Art Bell is dead, according to the Nye County Sheriff’s Department in Nevada.

“Community Announcement — Long time resident, and radio show host, Art Bell died today at 72 years old in his home in Pahrump Nevada,” the Sheriff’s Department announced on Facebook. 
“With an estimated 10 million listeners, Bell’s radio show 'Coast to Coast' was at the time of his retirement the most listened-to late-night radio program, and fourth overall,” ABC News reports.

Bell leaves behind his wife, Airyn, whom he married when she was age 22 in 2006. She was his fourth wife, and he had four children with multiple wives. 

He is scheduled for an autopsy later this week to determine the cause of death and was 72-years-old, the sheriff said in a videotaped press announcement.

According to IMDB, Arthur Bell III was born in North Carolina in 1945. “By the age of 13, Art was an FCC licensed radio technician. A few years later, as a young airman, Bell and an equally foolhardy buddy built their own pirate radio station right on Amarillo Air Force base, secretly broadcasting Rock ‘n’ Roll to appreciative locals,” the site reports.

In 2015, KNPR reported that “Radio host Art Bell suddenly ended his long-running program ... citing alleged threats made against him and his family.” The site continued at that time, “Bell says shots have been fired outside his residency, and that he has spotted trespassers near his home late at night.” 

However, authorities gave no indication that Bell died of unnatural causes.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/art-bell-dead-cause-of-death-dies-how/

• Edited April 14, 2018 6:13 am  by  Vern (oldhippieguy)

From: Chaos Magnet (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member IconApr-14 8:20 PM 
To: Vern (oldhippieguy)  (2 of 7) 
 73707.2 in reply to 73707.1 

Delphi had a Coast to Coast forum - I wonder if it is still around.

Yes it is actually.

Guess who has the lead in Spider Lake...

• Edited April 14, 2018 8:24 pm  by  Chaos Magnet (Kidmagnet)

From: Hankk62 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-14 11:56 PM 
To: Vern (oldhippieguy)  (3 of 7) 
 73707.3 in reply to 73707.1 

He was often interesting to listen to....but he sure had some way out there ideas.

To: Hankk62 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (4 of 7) 
 73707.4 in reply to 73707.3 

Hankk62 said...

He was often interesting to listen to....but he sure had some way out there ideas.

Without his radio show, 
I would not have been informed of space aliens who live among us.

From: Chaos Magnet (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member IconApr-15 10:45 AM 
To: Vern (oldhippieguy)  (5 of 7) 
 73707.5 in reply to 73707.4 

I'm one! or so I told my mom according to family legend. 

Guess who has the lead in Spider Lake...

To: Vern (oldhippieguy)  (6 of 7) 
 73707.6 in reply to 73707.1 

I used to listen to the radio show of (I think) his name was Bohanan. He had a late night show and interviewed interesting authors and people. 

Edited to say I think he's still on!:

https://www.westwoodone.com/programming/talk-radio/daily-talk/the-jim-bohannon-show/

• Edited April 15, 2018 10:51 am  by  P...... (Itsmeagain2)

To: P...... (Itsmeagain2)  (7 of 7) 
 73707.7 in reply to 73707.6 

I listened to him at times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bohannon

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.