Coffee Shop Discussions -  is using self liner/paper old fashion..? (1001 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 43) 

Where I am currently living there was no shelf liner aka shelf paper in any of the cupboards or shelves. Previous occupant did not use it. 

There was sticky brown rings where the pots and pans were sitting.

When I moved here I cleaned ALL the cupboards and shelves. And put shelf paper everywhere. I clean and replace the shelf paper as needed.

I put rubberized lining on the inside of the refrigerator door. It keeps bottles from falling out. And helps to keep it clean.

I am curious. How many of you still use something( even if it is a brown paper bag) to help keep your cupboards and shelves clean?

From: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-4 5:07 PM 
To: bluejayblues  (2 of 43) 
 75608.2 in reply to 75608.1 

I've always used it to protect the cupboards. When we remodeled the kitchen a couple of years ago, I decided to not remove the backing that exposes the sticky surface. I wanted the protection, but I didn't want me, or anyone else, to have to deal with removing that stuff once it's stuck on. So the liners are just laying there.

To: bluejayblues  (3 of 43) 
 75608.3 in reply to 75608.1 

I use the self stick shelf liner in the cupboards and the drawers.  Always have because it is, impo, much easier to clean.

To: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 43) 
 75608.4 in reply to 75608.2 

I prefer using liners as well, even in dresser drawers. 

To: bluejayblues  (5 of 43) 
 75608.5 in reply to 75608.1 

Yep me too !!

GONBAD

From: Hankk62 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-4 10:32 PM 
To: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 43) 
 75608.6 in reply to 75608.2 

That's what we did here...in fact, we have always done that. Because of living in military housing and the strict inspections upon move-out, we didn't want to give ourselves anymore work than we had to, and that was a great solution.

To: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 43) 
 75608.7 in reply to 75608.2 

What a great idea! Don't remove the backing from the contact paper! So much easier!

I always line my cupboards and drawers. I get the contact paper from the dollar store. I've even used the paper to cover the outlets on the walls.

I use it to protect the dishes. Who knows what people put in those cupboards before you came along!

From: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-5 11:20 AM 
To: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 43) 
 75608.8 in reply to 75608.2 

Thats a good idea! I use to be able to get non sticky shelf liner. I've not used it in this place.

From: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-5 11:22 AM 
To: bluejayblues  (9 of 43) 
 75608.9 in reply to 75608.1 

My cupboards are marked as well, I think this wil be my next project as I don;t want them getting worse.

From: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-5 12:03 PM 
To: Hankk62 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 43) 
 75608.10 in reply to 75608.6 

Hankk62 said...

we didn't want to give ourselves anymore work than we had to

My mantra...

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-43
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.