Health And Wellness -  How to deal with storm stress... (350 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 11) 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/hurricane/fl-ne-hurricane-stress-20190830-z4psv3nysbhwvhhxq55g55cxzy-story.html

Ignore the frenzy. Robin Lebowitz of Plantation is frustrated by misinformation and speculation circulating about the storm. She says she has a plan for riding out the storm, is sticking to it, and is ignoring all the chaos around her. “I’m deflecting all the drama,” she said. Lebowitz said she also is trying to be extra patient to control her stress. “I’m also using the kill-them-with-kindness approach when someone is not so nice in the supermarket or gas line.” Mother of a teen, Lebowitz said she has her preparations ready. “I have a case of water, a case of wine, dark chocolate ... I have all my supplies. I’m good.” Other South Floridians say they are staying off social media to keep their stress under control. Alexa Elliott says she is only checking the news to watch the latest Hurricane Center updates and avoiding hype that will stress her out.

From: Tracy (inOrl) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-30 3:57 PM 
To: P...... (Itsmeagain2)  (2 of 11) 
 75945.2 in reply to 75945.1 
I'm too busy to be stressed out.

To: P...... (Itsmeagain2)  (3 of 11) 
 75945.3 in reply to 75945.1 

CSG Folks, 

I just saw this subject/CSG Forum mentioned on the highlights page where forums are listed.  FYI! 

Good Subject  <G> 

To cut down on my stress levels in general I have been taking weekends OFF/ Limiting the news.   

Lots of Hurricane Dorian news this weekend. We are riveted because 90yo Grumpy MIL is staying with us from Vero Beach, FLA.    CAT

From: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-2 4:58 PM 
To: gacat123  (4 of 11) 
 75945.4 in reply to 75945.3 

gacat123 said...

Lots of Hurricane Dorian news this weekend. We are riveted because 90yo Grumpy MIL is staying with us from Vero Beach, FLA.

You're watching it a lot because she wants to see it?

To: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 11) 
 75945.5 in reply to 75945.4 

Linda and All,    

Hurricane Grumpy 90yo MIL has moved in and wants to go back home to Vero Beach  ASAP!    

The weather news has her attention more or less in between napping off and on all day long. 

MIL goes to bed around 8pm and gets up around 4am.    GOD GIVE ME GRACE HERE!  

Keep Calm and Stay Safe Out There,   CAT

From: Linda (LRuthers) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-2 7:49 PM 
To: gacat123  (6 of 11) 
 75945.6 in reply to 75945.5 

I shouldn't snicker. I apologize. Hopefully she can move back soon? 

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-2 8:33 PM 
To: gacat123  (7 of 11) 
 75945.7 in reply to 75945.5 

gacat123 said...

GOD GIVE ME GRACE HERE!

Just watch an Alabama football game to calm down.

ROLL, TIDE!

From: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-2 8:36 PM 
To: gacat123  (8 of 11) 
 75945.8 in reply to 75945.5 

Lol

I hope both you and Florida weather the storm(s) 

To: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 75945.9 in reply to 75945.7 

DAN,  

I do appreciate your kind and considerate suggestion!   <G>

Watching more football sounds like great plan. I like it. I really like it.  I am also losing my mind but HEY! that is OK. 

Grumpy 90yo MIL toddled off to bed at 7:30pm.  She will be up bumping around the kitchen by 4am.    

Now I am watching  Louisville v Notre Dame on ESPN - so far a pretty good game. <R U watching this?>    ROLL TIDE!   CAT

From: Dan (DANCULBERSON) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-2 9:06 PM 
To: gacat123  (10 of 11) 
 75945.10 in reply to 75945.9 

gacat123 said...

<R U watching this?>

No, I am watching the U.S. Open with Rafa Nadal playing Marin Cilic, but thanks for reminding me. I'll now be switching back and forth during commercials.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.