Difference in Understanding! -  Sabbath or Sunday (42 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 2) 

Sabbath or Sunday

https://youtu.be/v2NWYTHJ0fY 

Note: African Christians Continued to worship on the seventh-day sabbath before and even after the colonization of Africa in certain areas (e.g. Ethiopian Christians). 

We do not keep the Sabbath according to the traditions of Catholicism or Judaism or because of Catholicism or Judaism.

We keep the Sabbath according to Jesus and according to the first Christian Church established by the first followers of Jesus--the first disciples and apostles of the Bible.

We keep the Sabbath because of the Ten Commandments written by the hand of God. The fourth commandment tells us to remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments. 

• Edited August 12, 2017 8:26 am  by  Erni (ernirj)

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 2) 
 2598.2 in reply to 2598.1 

Should Christians Keep the Seventh-Day Sabbath  

https://youtu.be/8HpPEdNOyK0 

Note: This link is full of so much truth that Sabbath-keeping Christians also teach and are in agreement with; for example legalism is thinking one can be saved by one's work. But to say those who obey the 4th commandment out of love for Jesus Christ are trying to be saved by works is not true. Thus, one has to listen very carefully to hear the arguments for not keeping the 4th commandment. One argument is that the Ten Commandments are not the same as Jesus' Commandments. Instead of reading other books to draw his conclusions, I would suggest read the Bible and try to find the same conclusions in the Bible first. So much is added that is not in scripture. For example, the Ten Commandments are not called the Mosaic Covenant in scripture, and they take on a new meaning as a part of the Mosaic Covenant in this link. This argument supposedly justifies keeping Sunday instead of the seventh-day Sabbath for Christians. We all agree that Judaism failed as a result of legalism--a lack of faith in God and trusting in one's work. Faith was required in the Old and New Covenant.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.