Difference in Understanding! -  Sabbath or Sunday (131 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

Sabbath or Sunday

https://youtu.be/v2NWYTHJ0fY 

Note: African Christians Continued to worship on the seventh-day sabbath before and even after the colonization of Africa in certain areas (e.g. Ethiopian Christians). 

We do not keep the Sabbath according to the traditions of Catholicism or Judaism or because of Catholicism or Judaism.

We keep the Sabbath according to Jesus and according to the first Christian Church established by the first followers of Jesus--the first disciples and apostles of the Bible.

We keep the Sabbath because of the Ten Commandments written by the hand of God. The fourth commandment tells us to remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments. 

• Edited August 12, 2017 8:26 am  by  Erni (ernirj)

Reply   Options 

To: All  (2 of 8) 
 2598.2 in reply to 2598.1 

Should Christians Keep the Seventh-Day Sabbath  

https://youtu.be/8HpPEdNOyK0 

Note: This link is full of so much truth that Sabbath-keeping Christians also teach and are in agreement with; for example legalism is thinking one can be saved by one's work. But to say those who obey the 4th commandment out of love for Jesus Christ are trying to be saved by works is not true. Thus, one has to listen very carefully to hear the arguments for not keeping the 4th commandment. One argument is that the Ten Commandments are not the same as Jesus' Commandments. Instead of reading other books to draw his conclusions, I would suggest read the Bible and try to find the same conclusions in the Bible first. So much is added that is not in scripture. For example, the Ten Commandments are not called the Mosaic Covenant in scripture, and they take on a new meaning as a part of the Mosaic Covenant in this link. This argument supposedly justifies keeping Sunday instead of the seventh-day Sabbath for Christians. We all agree that Judaism failed as a result of legalism--a lack of faith in God and trusting in one's work. Faith was required in the Old and New Covenant.

To: Erni (ernirj)  (3 of 8) 
 2598.3 in reply to 2598.2 

You seem to present a lot of truth here concerning the true Sabbath.  But I will question this part.

Erni (ernirj) said...

We all agree that Judaism failed as a result of legalism-

What is Judaism?  It is the religion created by the Pharisees and continued by the modern rabbis (Pharisees).  It is not what our creator ordained for His chosen people, all of the tribes of Israel, including Judah.

The word search that I just ran did not find legalism in scripture.  Without a source reference of Bible book, chapter and verse the tern is meaningless.  It is a man made doctrine to support replace theology myths.  

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Jos 24:15 And if it seems evil in your eyes to serve YAHWEH, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods whom your fathers served Beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve YAHWEH.

Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

To: zechar1 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 2598.4 in reply to 2598.3 

Actually, we are in agreement here. I do not refer to the Old Testament as Judaism as most Christians, Jews, scholars, and secularists tend to do. Judaism is the man-made religion and the distortions of the scribes and the Pharisees. Legalism is not ordained by God and legalism is not The Word of God. Nevertheless, according to the prophets, ancient Israel as a nation, never learned the spiritual lessons of YHWH, which is why they were cast out of the land. They never learned faith in God or remorse for sin via the sacrifices. They never learned God's Character as a nation; therefore they never lived out their calling to take the True Knowledge of God to other nations; this is what Israel was chosen to do. Individual Israelites (e.g. the prophets, Abraham, and others), looked forward to Jesus Christ's coming and recognized Jesus, but the nation as a whole didn't know Jesus. Judaism taught them to glorify themselves over YHWH. They practice legalism by following the letter of the law with uncircumcised hearts. The first Christians were Israelites and Israelites wrote the Old and New Testament. God expelled the nation of Israel and God mandated the Israelite Christians to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth. However, God had nothing to do with the false teachings of the Medieval Church or Judaism. Both are the results of the traditions of man. God had nothing to do with the inquisitions.

• Edited August 19, 2017 7:18 pm  by  Erni (ernirj)

To: zechar1 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 2598.5 in reply to 2598.3 

You still err by referring to all Christians as Gentiles. The Christian Israelites, including Paul, grafted into God's chosen, called-out people the strangers of other nations, as instructed by YHWH and JESUS. Those who came to Jesus became one people at the Cross, just as those who came to YHWH were as one with Israel in the eyes of God. Racism is from the distortions of the man-made traditions, not God. 

To: Erni (ernirj)  (6 of 8) 
 2598.6 in reply to 2598.5 

Our Creator tells us that He has a mark which is the seventh day sabbath!  Leviticus presents a list beginning with the Sabbath of His appointed times.  They are all rejected by christians!

Rev 9:4  And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.  

The so called christians obsess over the mark of the beast which they have already accepted and do not recognize.  That mark is the rejection of the seventh day Sabbath and their accepting a counterfeit substitute of another day such as the christian first day or islam's sixth day observances.  Fear of implanted computer chips or bar codes being the mark are absurd.

The sungodday of worship is a doctrine of men and not supported or approved of anywhere in scripture.  It was never followed by our Savior, the apostles or even Paul , who all kept the Sabbath and God's ordained observances such as Succoth (Tabernacles).

Mat 15:9  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 

I do not recall where I called all christians gentiles.  In this age, many of lost  tribal Israel consider themselves gentiles.  Ezekiel 37 gives us the knowledge that they will learn their true identity and be reunited to brother Judah and return to the covenant lands they are promised.  This is expressed in the two stick portion of Ezekiel 37, but the whole chapter is pertinent.

Jer 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

Jos 24:15 And if it seems evil in your eyes to serve YAHWEH, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods whom your fathers served Beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. But as for me and my house, we will serve YAHWEH.

Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

To: zechar1 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 2598.7 in reply to 2598.6 

We do not agree on end-time prophecy. Most Christians keep Sunday for different reason. Some have been taught that  the Sabbath is the Jew's Sabbath instead of the LORD's Sabbath, which God sanctified before Israel or Judah was born.  Others have been taught that the Sabbath was changed to Sunday by the first church to honor the Ressurection of Jesus our Christ. And others were taught that the Pope changed the Sabbath and they believe God gave him the right to do so. Many Christians keep Sunday out of tradition. They were born into cultures that taught Sunday as Sabbath and they know no better. Many Christians, however, honor the LORD's Seventh-Day Sabbath and for the right reason. They know JESUS is our Rest and that JESUS is the Lord of the Sabbath and our example of how to "remember the Sabbath to keep it Holy" according to JESUS, the Apostles and the first biblical church. They also know keeping the Sabbath is NOT the source of their salvation. It represents obedience to God and love for JESUS as they keep His Commandments. The Christians who honor Jesus as Lord of their life and as Redeemer, God will call them out of doctrinal errors. HE will call all who love HIM into the same Truth--HIS TRUTH--othe same doctrine in His timing.

The other sabbaths, sacrifices, and feast days all pointed to Jesus Christ. They were all a shadow of things to come. It was God who replaced the old covenant with the new covenant. God did not put an end to the shadow of things to come to restore them as the perfect. JESUS is our Sacrifice, Our High Priest, Our Redeemer, our All. The Jerusalem we anticipate is the one built without hands in heaven that will come down from heaven. 

We are to look to the second coming of JESUS who will come back as He was risen. The chosen will meet HIM in the air. 

To: All  (8 of 8) 
 2598.8 in reply to 2598.2 

The Sign of Holiness

https://youtu.be/cJhAjB2PIUs

Genesis 2:1-3 KJV
[1] Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. [3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exodus 20:8-11 KJV
[8] Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. [9] Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: [10] But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: [11] For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is , and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Remembering the Death and Resurrection of Jesus  our Christ

Luke 22:19-20 KJV
[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it , and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:23-32 KJV
[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it , and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. [25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it , in remembrance of me. [26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. [27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. [28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.