Using Related Forums Function
Related Forums is a drop-down menu at the top of your Forum that lets your members find other Forums. This feature allows you to promote Forums that you think will interest your members. You can swap links with other Forum hosts to introduce people to new discussions and spark activity in all of your favorite Forums!
Where Do I Find The Controls For Related Forums?
How Do I Add Related Forums?
- Go to your Forum and click on the 'Controls' tab at the top of the browser screen.
- Select 'Related Forums' from the 'Forum Customization' menu in the left-hand frame, and you'll see a screen that looks like this:
- Where it says 'Enable Drop Down Menu,' make sure that 'Enabled' is selected.
- In the box where it says '***Add a Webtag***,' type in the WebTag (and only the WebTag) of the Forum you'd like to link to and click on the 'Add' button.
A Forum's WebTag is the part of its URL that comes right after 'delphi.com/' in the address. For example, the address for the Host Forum is http://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts, and the WebTag is hosts
- The screen will then reload, and you should see a message reading, "The Changes have been submitted." Please note that it may take up to twenty minutes for these changes to take effect." Continue to add as many WebTags as you like.
- In order to see your changes, you will have to reload (for Netscape users) or refresh (for Internet Explorer users) the upper frame of your Forum, or simply check back later.
After you have added more than one Forum to your Related Forums list you have two options
Need Help Finding Forums that are Like Yours?
- Prioritize your list so they appear on the drop down menu in the order you prefer
- Pick a title for your Related Forums. Think of a catchy name for your list that will attract attention to it.
It is difficult to remember all the webtags of other forums, so you can use our forum index browser.
- Click on the browse link :http://www.delphiforums.com/index.ptt
- The page which opens includes all of the forums in your index category.
- Each forum has a description of the forum's topic
- Click on a forum that you think is applicable to yours
- Add this WebTag to your list and you're good to go!
To have any of your hosting questions answered by staff, volunteers and other hosts please visit the Host Support Forum - click here
For further one on one help in learning to use controls and features as well as hosting a forum please visit the Host Mentors Forum - click here
Edited 2/9/2013 2:56 am ET by Lyndy (Lyndy7)