General Discussion -  Blog Comments (493 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: =^..^= CloudShape's tail-singeing (downstrike) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/16/04 7:02 PM 
To: All  (1 of 85) 

We're reserving the folder where Glozzie started her blog today, just for her blog.  Please don't try to post messages or replies in her blog or that folder.  They won't post.  At best we, the staff here at Satin's Bootle, may copy replies to the blog into this thread, when we get around to it, and if we feel they're worth our effort.  In some cases recently, messages posted there have been lost entirely before we ever got to decide what to do with them.

If you reply in this thread instead, your replies should appear right away.  To make sure Glozzie sees your reply, you can choose To: "Glozzie" from the drop-down menu above the message composition box.

Sam

The deadline was when?

Satin's Bootle
Which Extraordinary Gentleman Are You?

Captain Nemo and Quatermain found their way here. Where are you?

-

In Satin's Bootle

Web Domain Boycott
Can You Make A Difference?
  • Human Rights
  • Child Exploitation
  • Fraud
  • Spam
- In Web Domain Boycott
Forum Search Engine Optimization
The Challenge Of Promoting Delphi Forums On Search Engines

Find out why it doesn't work, and what to do about it.

-

I'm Bored!
Ever Experience Cartoon Physics?

Come and join the frolic!

-

In I'm Bored!

The Spam Warehouse
AVG Antivirus Update Issue

Patch Free AVG Antivirus with an older file version that worked better so you can download updates.

-

In The Spam Warehouse

Tube Trading Post
Tech Support

Where even fools dare not tread.
Official MDG Undoer.

Reply   Options 

From: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/16/04 8:35 PM 
To: Glozzie  (2 of 85) 
 256.2 in reply to 256.1 
I am honored to be one of the first to comment on your blog entry.  :)

I, too, am excited and eagerly waiting for In Search of The Kee.  The quote you included at the end of your first entry is suspenseful, delightful and amusing... just a small taste of what is to come, I have no doubt.

To: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 85) 
 256.3 in reply to 256.2 
As usual, you're one of my staunch supports that encourage me forward. Thank you.

From: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/17/04 2:28 PM 
To: Glozzie  (4 of 85) 
 256.4 in reply to 256.3 
You're most welcome. :)

To: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 85) 
 256.5 in reply to 256.4 
Sam gave me more info on post to the blog, he's going to change the "to" I thought maybe either you or he could change the bottom line so "they" can find this to make comment easier, my instruction is very vague.

From: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/17/04 3:29 PM 
To: Glozzie  (6 of 85) 
 256.6 in reply to 256.5 

I must be in limbo land this morning... nothing is making sense to me... but there is one thing I am sure of.  It isn't possible to change the To: line on a message after it has been posted.  Sorry about that.

Anyone who knows much about Delphi is probably going to assume that if you posted to yourself you most likely meant to post to ALL and just forgot to change it before you posted.  I do that frequently.

From: =^..^= CloudShape's tail-singeing (downstrike) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/17/04 3:30 PM 
To: Glozzie  (7 of 85) 
 256.7 in reply to 256.3 

Hey, you have a lot of good ideas.  Would you like to have a poll where people could vote for one of them?

I like the discovery of people's histories that occurs in Race for Doroon, and I would to see more of them.  In a way, they remind me of André Norton's Forerunner themes.

Sam

The deadline was when?

Satin's Bootle
Which Extraordinary Gentleman Are You?

Captain Nemo and Quatermain found their way here. Where are you?

-

In Satin's Bootle

Web Domain Boycott
Can You Make A Difference?
  • Human Rights
  • Child Exploitation
  • Fraud
  • Spam
- In Web Domain Boycott
The Challenge Of Promoting Delphi Forums On Search Engines

Find out why it doesn't work, and what to do about it.

-

I'm Bored!
Ever Experience Cartoon Physics?

Come and join the frolic!

-

In I'm Bored!

The Spam Warehouse
AVG Antivirus Update Issue

Patch Free AVG Antivirus with an older file version that worked better so you can download updates.

-

In The Spam Warehouse

Tube Trading Post
Tech Support

Where even fools dare not tread.
Official MDG Undoer.

From: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host10/17/04 3:55 PM 
To: Glozzie  (8 of 85) 
 256.8 in reply to 256.5 

In reply to message 2 of your blog:

Of the 12 things you listed... I am attempting to choose my top 3... but it's coming out to be more like all 12. LOL!  Anyhow, I finally narrowed it down to these 3 (well okay 5 according to your list, but the Kee are tied, as are pictures, maps and star charts), and this isn't necessarily the order:

• include pictures / Maps and star charts in the book (tie)  
  • development of the people and their lives in the storyline
  • the Keeborn / The Keegreet (tie)

Maybe as many as 4 pictures plus a map and a star chart??? Yes, I know this would make the book more expensive... but I think it may also draw a new audience and sell more copies... which is what we all want.  :)

Lots more about the Kee... well okay, I know you need to save something for the next book.  *G*

Incidentally, please let me know if Race For Doroon and/or In Search of The Kee ever goes to hard cover.  I will buy copies (at least one of each) because hardcover books usually last so much longer.

To: =^..^= CloudShape's tail-singeing (downstrike) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 85) 
 256.9 in reply to 256.7 
What do you think is best?.... and do it if you feel it adds to

To: Dragoness (1Dragones) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 85) 
 256.10 in reply to 256.8 
Thanks, I already have an artist working on pictures... she's so enthused and excited! she's making a picture per chapter... some are like an introductory picture to the chapter... some are full page drawings that encompass part of the story.

You know already how my chapters are, short! I have tried to flesh out more in the storyline, but still I'm up to 53 chapters.
Of course that is probably not going to become a realization, depends upon the publisher.

The star charts and maps are easy, I've had them drawn since Race for Doroon... never confident enough to include them in the book however.

Thanks for the input!! I do believe you're going to enjoy it, from your comments.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 61-70 71-80 81-85
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.