Discography -  New Heaven Knows M+M mix coming soon.... (688 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 

Hi guys! Wanted to alert you to a new mix of Donna's Heaven Knows that will be appearing on a forthcoming compilation "John Morales M+M Mixes Volume IV". It's a 4CD set with all unreleased M+M mixes, including Donna's "Heaven Knows". I'm really looking forward to this set, as John does some amazing work, always using the source elements to make some pretty epic mixes that sound totally from its era. It's the first mix he's done of Donna, as far as I know, and I am so excited to hear what he's gonna do with it.

For the record, the set also includes a couple Diana mixes (Tenderness, No One Gets The Prize) and Cher's "Take Me Home", along with tons more stuff. I can't wait for this! For the record, it comes out on December 1.

Here's a link to the site where you can see the full track listing (as well as order). I got my order in. :D
https://www.bbemusic.com/downloads/john_morales_mm_mixes_4/

Reply   Options 

To: Summer2K (EmileJ)  (2 of 6) 
 22817.2 in reply to 22817.1 

Wow great collection - there's stacks of stuff on there that i want!  Are these all 'new' mixes?

To: V16TROLA DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 6) 
 22817.3 in reply to 22817.2 

Yep, everything on that set is previously unreleased. And they are all "new", in the sense of being newly created mixes from the original stems, not modern remixes. John tends to stay true to the original source material, he specializes in vintage mixes. He also tends to create extremely long mixes (over 10+ minutes in some cases). Given that each disc in this set only has 8 tracks apiece, I think we can expect some supremely epic mixes in store. I am drooling over what he will do with Heaven Knows. Will he work in both vocal versions (Brooklyn Dreams' main vocals and Donna's)? Frankly, I can't wait to hear what he does with pretty much every song included.

When I do my remixes from stems, I emulate guys like Tom Moulton and John Morales. I absolutely idolize these guys, they're masters in their field and I really admire the work they put into the music. And once again, I'm green with envy that yet another Donna multitrack has appeared, and I would just DIE to get my hands on them to work my own magic, LOL.

I'm really looking forward to this set, as it comes out just after my birthday, I'm considering it a present to me. :D

To: All  (4 of 6) 
 22817.4 in reply to 22817.3 

Actually, there may be one track on there that I may have heard previously. He posted a remix of Jackie Moore's "This Time Baby" on his Soundcloud account a little while back. It's 11+ minutes long (see, I told you, EPIC!!), and I'm guessing the mix on the set will be the same. But we shall see. :D

To: Summer2K (EmileJ)  (5 of 6) 
 22817.5 in reply to 22817.4 

Thank you, you've sold me on it...!  Looking forward to hearing those mixes.  Actually i think I've heard the This Time Baby mix too.  Absolutely intrigued to see what he does with Tenderness too as there has never been an extended version of that...  It was more than £10 cheaper on the BBE site than Amazon and that's included.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention! 

To: Summer2K (EmileJ)  (6 of 6) 
 22817.6 in reply to 22817.1 

Can't wait to get this set. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.