Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

F!   Discussions

Started Nov-9 by dadoffive01; 582 views.
dadoffive01

Nov-9

I know it's in the rules somewhere, but can anyone tell me the advantage of a F! runner and when it comes into play?

Thanks

Chris

Brett (kingnthg)

Nov-9

I *think* the only place it is called out specifically is on a pickoff error - F! goes to third.

I assume the rest of the time it plays like a regular F, but you have played far more games of FCB than I have!  :-)

dadoffive01

Nov-10

Thanks for responding Brett! Yeah that's about the only benefit of being F! that I can see as well (for now).

Chris

Brett (kingnthg)

Nov-10

I believe Greg has said, someplace else, that he was thinking about adding it in other places.

The quickest way to add the F! would be as a house rule, which I use.  When using the Run with Risk Chart, give the F! a minus one influence.  So, if the S arm outfielder has a 1-5 chance, the F! drops it to 1-4.  A arms 1-3 drops to 1-2, and W arm 1 now has no chance to throw him out, no risk.

Brett (kingnthg)

Nov-10

Hey, I like that - it's a good one, thanks - I'll pencil that into my charts, LOL.

As a side note, I was looking at the pickoff chart in the stolen base section.  Do you think there would be a way to incorporate potential balks in there?  I suspect it would have to have a pitcher balk rating though.  Or are balks covered enough elsewhere in the system?

I've tried to sufficiently cover balks in the 54 Charts.  But, if you come up with something be sure to put it into the mods section.

JoeRunde

Nov-11

Great "house" rule. Since you're the designer, I think this ought to be a standard rule.

I might put it into the annual rule book update next October.