Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New FAC Brewing   Announcements

Started Dec-3 by Windsor Greg (thomvan); 625 views.

Sometime within the next few weeks I will have the new FAC deck ready.  See the discussion going on if you want to lend some ideas on how to proceed.

Until they are ready all FAC sales will cease.

For those who have bought the FACs already, I will send you a new set of FACs if you are willing to pay for mailing ... $7.

The new FACs will all be 2 sided with the 54 chart on the flip side ... well, the 54 chart except for the Wildest men on base charts ... there's just no room.  But at least it covers 90% of 54 chart lookups.

Greg,

Call me excited for the update....and, in my opinion, your offer to previous buyers is very fair. Take your time to make sure that all possible additions / outcomes have been considered.

Pete S.   

curtalva

Dec-3

"For those who have bought the FACs already, I will send you a new set of FACs if you are willing to pay for mailing ... $7."

I'm In!

phillyphils

Dec-12

I'm in for the new set, too.  Let me know when they're ready.  I'll try to check in here, too.

--keith

IRA72

Dec-12

Can't wait!! Ira 

In reply toRe: msg 6

You're going to have to wait until the new year, early January.  Sorry about that.  A few weeks was the original estimate.

IRA72

Dec-12

No worries. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Ira

In reply toRe: msg 8

I have decided to start the FACs from scratch and go completely away from the boards.  They will NOT emulate the boards.  The first thing I did was do an OUT distribution analysis for the OUT result on the card, to come up with a realistic distribution over 180 FAC cards.

With that done, I have decided to try and get creative with the FACs to make them a little bit fun to use.  This process will take some time as it is kinda like writing a long short story.  Here's an example of some popout and lineout cards.  You can either use them plain and simple be referring just to the bold out at the top, or you can get into it more by referring to the white die from the original roll.  See the attached.

Feel free to make suggestions on what you might like to see with these cards, and if you have any creative ideas, feel free to post them here.  Don't be afraid, because one crazy idea could spark another great idea.

Also, if you try to print these out, cut them at the following points:  at 2.75, 5.50, and 8.25 inches landscape ... then stack all 3 and at 4.25 inches.

Metric cutting board are at 70, 140, and 210 mm landscape ... then stack all 3 and at 108 mm

Let me know how this cuts.  Is it reasonably centered? (metric spelling is centred ... lol)

bogert53

Dec-14

One of the things that lacks in tabletop sims compared to computer sims is the lack of variety in play results.  We have to use our imagination (which is fine - good thread on the TT Sports forum last week), but sometimes I would like to see more variety.  Having a plethora of chart lookups can create more variety, but some of us (maybe just me) hates having to flip pages back and forth for each batter.  The FAC cards are a great option, then.  The "use the white die" options that you have give a bit more color to the game. 

It would be great if you could dispense with the "use the white die" option and just have them automatically be the lone play result, but I don't know if that's possible with a deck of 180 cards.  But that would be my "dream" FAC deck.  :-)