Robert H (Hokie67)

Citizens for Kent County

Hosted by Robert H (Hokie67)

All Kent County, Maryland. All the time. A discussion of everything about our slice of paradise.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Schadenfreude at Work   Local Government

Started Jun-10 by Robert H (Hokie67); 106 views.
Robert H (Hokie67)

Jun-10

The BOE will have to make some hard and quick decisions at tonite's meeting to cram their round budget into a pared down square revenue hole... as Couch EdD and Mrs Towers, CFO, offer some suggestions.

What disturbs me the most about this process is that there are folks who are taking joy in that the schools were shorted on their request... and the Chestertownies got a Chrysler dealership in Tokyo. And here's where the second stage of the Schadenfruede comes in. These folks seem to somehow blame the SOS for these shorts... that they were responsible. H-M-M-M.

As I recall, the SOS'ers did a heroic job of sifting through the county budget and found that perhaps there was a method to squeeze some blood out of the turnip budget. In addition, they have been champions of an efficiency study on our fiscal governance. And here is where it gets dicey in trying to track down the source. I've spent time around lots of folks since last Tuesday night. (It's amazing how much you learn at two hours on the Bocce field and First Fridays, etc.) When Q'd as to who were the 'they' who came up with this analysis... vagueness and ambiguity prevailed. 

Yeah, this another case where misinformed folks become dangerous as 'they' pass on erroneous info.      

In reply toRe: msg 1
Robert H (Hokie67)

Jun-11

The 'revised' KCPS budget was presented by Couuch, EdD, last night to the BOE... as it was trimmed to fit the budget allocated by the CC's. Mrs Towers and Couch, EdD, did a nice job without any major surgery. 

One of the areas that seems to fall under the public radar... how expensive Special Education is. But... this is a commitment that the community makes for some special kids.