Health/Tech/Science -  Do you hate Mayonnaise? (101 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 9:06 AM 
To: All  (1 of 9) 

https://www.popsci.com/mayonnaise-disgust

Mayonnaise is disgusting, and science agrees

For much of the past year, I have fought a one-sided battle with a popular fast casual restaurant chain that we’ll call “Ready.” Unlike most restaurants, Ready doesn't make sandwiches, assemble salads, or otherwise perform acts of cookery upon customer request. Instead they sell nominally healthy, whole-ingredient-based pre-made soups, salads, and sandwiches. Because I’m lazy and impatient, I’m Ready’s perfect customer and not just because Ready has a location in Popular Sciences’building. They also have another four locations (including one that sells beer) along my commute. So you'd think that Ready sandwiches would be a regular part of my nutritional rotation. But they aren't, because Ready’s sandwiches are disgusting.

The problem is that Ready saturates almost every sandwich with a miasma of mayonnaise. When Ready doesn't use mayonnaise, they use a yogurt dressing which is mayonnaise for people who are ashamed that they're eating mayonnaise. The shame is justified, the yogurt dressing is not. Sometimes Ready uses a less vile condiment, like a whole grain mustard—a condiment with dignity. But when they do, the powers that be cannot allow its presence to go unmolested. No, the mustard gets mixed in with mayonnaise in an abomination called mustard-mayo. Mixing Sriracha with diarrhea doesn’t improve the presence of the latter. Why would adding mustard to Satan's sauce improve the situation?

If comparing feces to a condiment seems like a gross comparison, well, welcome to the science of disgust. Disgust, for the record, is distinct from dislike.

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 9:08 AM 
To: All  (2 of 9) 
 11822.2 in reply to 11822.1 

I actually like mayo and on my french fries.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 9) 
 11822.3 in reply to 11822.2 

As do most Brits....

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 10:01 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (4 of 9) 
 11822.4 in reply to 11822.3 

smile

From: RedBV DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 1:28 PM 
To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 9) 
 11822.5 in reply to 11822.1 

Salad dressing . . .

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 1:31 PM 
To: RedBV DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 9) 
 11822.6 in reply to 11822.5 

smile

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-7 6:34 PM 
To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 9) 
 11822.7 in reply to 11822.2 

Must have some Kanuck in you.  Slathered mayo on a burger approaches ruination.

If you REALLY want disgusting, try the "lite" stuff with imitation fat in it instead of real vegetable oils.  A proper mayo has a touch of lemon in it as well to cut the cloying stickiness of the cheaper mayo fats.  Me?  I do not use mayo but rather Miracle Whip as a much less sticky fat spread, and used with sparing judiciousness.  Only on ONE side of the sandwich, if you please, a good dose of Poupon or other coarse milled mustard dressing on the other.  Seasoned as well for good measure.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

• Edited November 7, 2017 6:36 pm  by  Bike (URALTOURIST1)

From: RedBV DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-7 6:44 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 9) 
 11822.8 in reply to 11822.7 

Yuck . . . that's as bad as one of the new BK burgers - their standard sauce with BBQ sauce . . .

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-8 8:58 AM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 9) 
 11822.9 in reply to 11822.7 

I'm usually putting mayo on the tomato on the burger. Can't eat a tomato without mayo, salt and pepper. wink

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.