Current Events -  The Big Lie on Obamacare (129 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:02 AM 
To: All  (1 of 26) 

I read this constantly and hear Trump, Republicans repeating this lie. I think they know replacing Obamacare will produce backlash. The people will punish them.

So the big lie will be used to fool people and blame Obamacare. We had to replace it because Obamacare was in a death spiral. It would have collapsed on itself.

We did the best we could to save health care.

People who support Republicans will repeat this myth and probably believe it. They will not do research to find the truth.

This article helps you understand the big lie. Trump supporters rarely engage in discussion on the forum. In forums where they hang you must deal with the trolls. Good luck. Remember Google is your friend and do your research.

Obamacare is not imploding. Nor is it collapsing. Nor is it a “ticking time bomb” that Obama ordered B613 to set to go off the moment he left office and he and Michelle arrived in New York City looking younger than you.

Don’t believe me? Ask the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which concluded in its report on the Trump-Ryan replacement plan that the “non-group” market, the individual insurance market in which people sign up on state or federal exchanges, “would probably be stable in most areas under either current law or the legislation.”  In other words, it can survive whether or not Republicans “repeal and replace” Obamacare, because even when premiums spike, as they did in 2016, in large part because of Republicans in Congress and 19 states actively sabotaging the law, those increases are offset by the federal subsidies people get under Obamacare, which rise as premiums rise, according to people’s incomes. In fact, of the new signups this year, 84 percent were eligible for subsidies which covered 73 percent of the price of their premiums.

So while Republicans really want Obamacare to collapse, and indeed they’ve tried very hard to make it collapse so they could have an excuse to repeal it; the law is not, in fact, collapsing.

Nor is it in a “death spiral” – which actually has a specific meaning, which Politifact defines as “… a cycle where shrinking enrollment leads to a deteriorating risk pool (that is, healthy people leave the plan due to the cost). That leads to higher premiums, which causes enrollment to shrink even further, continuing the cycle.”

Well, that’s not happening, either.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/03/17/time-to-call-out-the-big-gop-lie-on-obamacare.html?via=twitter_page

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:07 AM 
To: All  (2 of 26) 
 4048.2 in reply to 4048.1 

I am against debate in Republican forums because it pushes the dishonesty to the top of Current Events.

Discussion with people is disrupted by trolls.

So misinformation rules the day. I know some of our visitors think they can 'educate' people but in fact it mostly spreads the lies used to undermine health care.

A bevy of trolls will quickly undermine your credibility and folks tend to support each other politically.

It is very difficult to deal with unless you ignore the sniping, insults and outright bullshit to place factual information and let the crap go.

Good luck.

My strategy is to support forums who appreciate the truth and dedicated research. FFA is one such forum and is rising to the top of Current Events.

We work hard to keep our forum at the top and appreciate participation.

With health issues, work and life's activities it is a lot of work for forum management.

So thanks, folks.

• Edited March 18, 2017 9:10 am  by  Stephierawx4

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:12 AM 
To: All  (3 of 26) 
 4048.3 in reply to 4048.2 

When I read right wing forums it is as a guest so the vicious trolls cannot use my name to boost post count.

Forums that require log in can go f themselves. I really don't bother because most are not at the top.

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:17 AM 
To: All  (4 of 26) 
 4048.4 in reply to 4048.3 

When Obamacare is repealed and replaced millions of people will lose their healthcare. Many of them are Trump supporters.

Who will they blame? Who will they punish.

The Republican plan is not to take responsibility for what they have done and are doing to people.

You must fight the lie. I'm not dependent on American health care. Sadly, sometimes it doesn't seem worth the fight if Americans don't care. Why should I bother.

I do have family in America. It is a disappointment that I may never have the opportunity to return to my country because people propagate lies and misinformation.

My son and I have pre-existing health issues and life is more important than arguing with idiots.

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:20 AM 
To: All  (5 of 26) 
 4048.5 in reply to 4048.4 

To me Ryan is an evil man. He admits dreaming about ending programs that help the poor while attending keg parties in college. He's part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Ryan himself bragged about the Republican-led congress withholding money from Obamacare’s risk pools in order to help elect a Republican president and cripple the law. When the Trump administration took over, they went so far as to cancel the TV commercials urging people to sign up.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 26) 
 4048.6 in reply to 4048.4 

First they to get it through the senate, if they don't, Price really can't do much, price can only change the existing rule by going through notice-and-comment rulemaking, which will take at least a year, maybe two. He can't redefine health benefits and he may be gone by then, facing insider trading and fraud charges.

42 U.S. Code § 18022 - Essential health benefits requirements

(a) Essential health benefits packageIn this title,[1] the term “essential health benefits package” means, with respect to any health plan, coverage that—

(1)
provides for the essential health benefits defined by the Secretary under subsection (b);
(2)
limits cost-sharing for such coverage in accordance with subsection (c); and
(3)
subject to subsection (e), provides either the bronze, silver, gold, or platinum level of coverage described in subsection (d).
(b) Essential health benefits
(1) In generalSubject to paragraph (2), the Secretary shall define the essential health benefits, except that such benefits shall include at least the following general categories and the items and services covered within the categories:
(A)
Ambulatory patient services.
(B)
Emergency services.
(C)
Hospitalization.
(D)
Maternity and newborn care.
(E)
Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
(F)
Prescription drugs.
(G)
Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.
(H)
Laboratory services.
(I)
Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
(J)
Pediatric services, including oral and vision care.
(2) Limitation
(A) In general

The Secretary shall ensure that the scope of the essential health benefits under paragraph (1) is equal to the scope of benefits provided under a typical employer plan, as determined by the Secretary. To inform this determination, the Secretary of Labor shall conduct a survey of employer-sponsored coverage to determine the benefits typically covered by employers, including multiemployer plans, and provide a report on such survey to the Secretary.

(B) Certification

In defining the essential health benefits described in paragraph (1), and in revising the benefits under paragraph (4)(H), the Secretary shall submit a report to the appropriate committees of Congress containing a certification from the Chief Actuary of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that such essential health benefits meet the limitation described in paragraph (2).

(3) Notice and hearing

In defining the essential health benefits described in paragraph (1), and in revising the benefits under paragraph (4)(H), the Secretary shall provide notice and an opportunity for public comment.

(4) Required elements for considerationIn defining the essential health benefits under paragraph (1), the Secretary shall—
(A)
ensure that such essential health benefits reflect an appropriate balance among the categories described in such subsection,[2] so that benefits are not unduly weighted toward any category;
(B)
not make coverage decisions, determine reimbursement rates, establish incentive programs, or design benefits in ways that discriminate against individuals because of their age, disability, or expected length of life;
(C)
take
...[Message truncated]

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:25 AM 
To: All  (7 of 26) 
 4048.7 in reply to 4048.5 

Another problem and I often question if not allowing them to merge was a mistake. Then if they form a monopoly without regulations it could be a disaster motivated by profits.

Meanwhile, there’s another lie that Republicans have used to try and sell their “repeal and replace” boondoggle: saying Aetna is one of many insurers pulling out of the Obamacare exchanges because the exchanges don’t work, and the insurers can’t make money. Not true. Aetna did indeed drop out of 11 state exchanges. But a federal judge ruled that they did so because ++ the federal government wouldn’t let them merge with Humana (which then largely dropped out too, after both companies had announced plans to expand their ACA offerings once they combined). The judge also ruled that Aetna lied about why it quit.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 26) 
 4048.8 in reply to 4048.5 

The moment ryan or price tries to withhold funds, they will be sued and a temporary restraining order will no doubt be granted due to the severity of the outcome.

To: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 26) 
 4048.9 in reply to 4048.7 

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-18 9:33 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (10 of 26) 
 4048.10 in reply to 4048.6 

Thanks, Blue. My concern is Trump. He claims to have 100% yes votes on repeal and replacement. We know he is a bully and capable of taking revenge on Republicans who don't bend to him.

Probably another lie because I've watched videos where Republicans claim they will vote no.

If Price goes because of insider trading, Trump will replace him with another Republican to carry his cross.

I think the media and America people must stand up to the lies. They must attempt to bring the truth to people.

This may change the replacement if repeal goes through. It will force change on the budget to prevent harm to Americans.

If you lose your life, what good is it?

If people think they are safe because they currently have health insurance, they may consider this attack on what Republicans call entitlements will not stop with the poor.

They really aren't saving that much money cutting the programs and will be hungry for more toward their own reckless spending.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-26
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.