Fortuna's Favor

Hosted by Fortunalee|Favorites

Serving irreverent virgins and margarita tea since 2002. Or was that virgin tea and irreverent margaritas? Always a bit more tart than sweet.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Don't Do Donald Day   Irrelevant & Irreverant

Started Jan-7 by Fortunalee; 338 views.
Fortunalee
Host

Jan-7

11:10 AM

In response to a Raw Story story about the probable media blackout of Trump protests on inauguration day, I posted the following:

I'd rather see a mainstream media blackout of the Trump inauguration. And what can't be blacked out, should be boycotted.

Don't watch it on TV or livestream. Don't read magazine articles or newspaper accounts about it.

Don't click on those "Melania wore...." photo spreads. Don't patronize, publish, or glorify any part of the inauguration of Trump.

But AFTERWARDS.... watch him like a hawk. Report on everything, and hammer home to the Trumpkins how we've ALL been screwed.

I'm therefore declaring that January 20th will be #DontDoDonaldDay. Ignore him. Shun him. Deny him the attention which is all that he really craves. Make this the lowest rated disaster of an inauguration that has ever been. Donald lives for the ratings - give them to him in the form of big fat zeros. 

Then come out and march, post, and protest on January 21st for the Women's March on Washington, and make the media pay serious attention to the discontent that the election of this completely unqualified individual has spawned. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Fortunalee
Host

Jan-7

Other Delphi forums can sign up here to pledge their intent to completely ignore the inauguration of Trump on the 20th. 

What will we talk about instead? Open to ideas.

Hell, I don't care - we can post pictures of cats for all I care!

Msg 10017.3 and the next 1 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 2
Fortunalee
Host

Jan-8

Sorry, but this is my forum, and I don't have to put up with your right-wing asshattery. 

• Edited January 8, 2017 11:20 am  by  Fortunalee

I already do that for Farrakhan speeches, it doesn't seem to slow him down all that much,  I imagine your proposal will be just as effective against Trump.

Fortunalee
Host

Jan-10

Oh, I don't know, it depends on how many people join me. 

In reply toRe: msg 7
Fortunalee
Host

Jan-10

frankmartin2

Jan-13

Well I shall view with Great Delight...Trump's win made for me A Grand New Years of Four!!!

Yet I understand the disappointment of  the left wing...I felt the same way when that Barack guy got 

elected...unlike the non-absolute progressives!  I did not have any  intentions of deserting My country in it's hours of defeat...stuck it out for eight destructive years...America survived..''OOOOORAH''!!!

Fortunalee
Host

Jan-13

frankmartin2 said:

stuck it out for eight destructive years...America survived.

What was destroyed?