German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-23

Is that what the woman was told?  The first article I read said she was told directly it was due to race, but this one indicates that it was due to the dog not being comfortable with strangers crating him.  That is something any GSD owner could understand.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-23

Solitaire13

Aug-24

I think some people just like to create drama.  In this instance, the pastor acted with the safety and welfare of all in mind and rightfully so.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-24

She may get money.  Knowing how German shepherds can be around strangers, I wouldn’t let anyone crate my dogs except a health professional or someone he knows.  Would you?

Solitaire13

Aug-24

I can't imagine somebody walking into a house that the dog does not know or respect with a breed like this.  

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-24

Who would want to? They did her a favor.

Marypickford

Sep-6

We had a dog that hated black people, or anyone in a uniform. In our defense, he was a rescue from a shelter, and we don't know how it was raised. I suppose one could unconsciously train such prejudice into a dog, though I don't see how you'd breed the prejudice in.

IN the old south I've heard white owners kept dogs that hated blacks as well. The slaves were terrified of them.

A terrible legacy! An abuse of an animal!

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-6

Yes it is abusive and wrong.