German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kazell

Sep-22

What makes you think of collies in your mind? The stuff I'm reading they're herding dogs similar to BCs and Aussies but known for being more laid back comparatively and tend towards being protective of the stock rather than just wanting to herd them. You can in other words leave them close to stock and don't have to worry about them harassing them. Temperament wise they're also supposed to be aloof with people but not shy or aggressive bonding strongly to their person. 

They were also developed as a multi-purpose dog like GSDs were. Used for guarding and hunting as well as herding. 

• Edited September 22, 2019 1:35 pm  by  Kazell
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-22

Way too big and they are subject to bloat.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-22

Lassie. I found an old Lassie movie on Netflix and watched it and I was all Collie for about ten minutes, until I realize there were no local breeders.

Solitaire13

Sep-22

I like Collies a lot.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-22

I do too.  There are very nice ones called Gambits but I can’t find the kennel anywhere.  Ed and Shelly Degner and Lisa Davis.  They also go by Canyon Collies.  I can’t locate them anywhere.  

Caveat, I am NOT in BH or anywhere near it, but this was a pretty big show with a lot of breeders in the show results catalog.

https://jbradshaw.com/79/ind167.htm