German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Map of most popular dog breed in every state   German Shepherd News, Videos and Miscellaneous

Started Sep-2 by DW (GSDogwalker); 250 views.
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-2

In reply toRe: msg 1
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-2

The article is only about German dog breeds, including Dauschund, Pomeranian (really?), Rottweiler, Great Dane and Doberman

Solitaire13

Sep-2

Cool! I wonder why they chose to study German breeds? But I like it!

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-2

Maybe they secretly love GSDs the most.

Kazell

Sep-21

Huh, interesting. Not suprised GSDs rank first!

That said and as they note it only shows search data not ownership. For example they have boxers as #2 in Montana but I'd say they rank much lower as far as how many are actually here. I've met a handful of boxers but they are far outnumbered by the great danes, pomeranians, and dachshunds.  Do you guys agree with how your states ended up?

In reply toRe: msg 5
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-22

No. My state is pits and labs. Neither is on there.

Kazell

Sep-22

This was just for german based breeds though.  Adding in other breeds would of course change the results quite a bit.  I was kind of interested by what I saw looking at dogs in an area in Australia. It was mostly pits, kelpies, and greyhounds that I was seeing in shelters. Also dingo dogs but I know nothing about what's up with that. 

• Edited September 22, 2019 1:45 pm  by  Kazell
In reply toRe: msg 7
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-22

Yes,  that is true.  I had a dog once that had a little dingo in the mix and it was a nothing addition.  He was laid back and very calm.  Look like a GSD except for his marking which were tri color.  He had a GSD head and shape but a short coat.