German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Artificial Insemination and Rapestands    Controversies, Catastrophes and Teaky Moments (Enter at your own risk)

Started Jan-18 by Solitaire13; 505 views.
Solitaire13

Jan-18

I am still shaking my head at the "education" I got last night... and laughing about the education I wanted to hand out but chose not to because of the circumstance, so I will get it off of my chest here.

The reason that I did not "educate" was that it was in a forum that relies heavily on unity and educating would have created division. The receiving end of my education, where I got educated, stands so far, but I need to go back and conclude my education but tactfully.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Solitaire13

Jan-18

It all started simple enough with a post defining a rapestand. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Solitaire13

Jan-18

It is what it is. I was attacked for calling a rapestand a rapestand.  I was falsely accused of reducing a rape victim's plight to that of two dogs having sex. I was called insensitive among other things. 

I clearly did not say or insinuate any of that of which I was accused.  I simply defined a rapestand. 

Now here is where things got interesting.  I was attacked on one side by breed preservationists... yea, that's right and on the other by a veterinarian who is a long term breeder of.... you guessed it! German Shepherds... breeding for many many many years for old fashioned,  straight backed,  longhaired,  poorly temperamented,  dogs of rare, faulty or disqualifying colors.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Solitaire13

Jan-18

The preservationists call rapestands "breeding stands" and claimed a dog can't be raped.

The vet/breeder claimed that spoiled dogs wanted to sit down while tied risking injury to the male. She blamed it on the bitch being spoiled at home.

Now my mind is still focused on the rapestand and the topic. I was not sure what all of the fuss was about. See, rapestands, and sometimes muzzles, are used to breed Pit Bulls because the female is so dog aggressive that she would sooner kill the male rather than breed. The shoe can be on the other foot and the male could be more interested in killing the bitch than he is in breeding. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
Solitaire13

Jan-18

Now one person pointed out that they doubted that all of the Pits in a shelter surely weren't created by the use of a rapestand. 

It was countered with most Pits in a shelter are mixed and when information is available,  more often than not, the mothers are usually the non Pit breed. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Solitaire13

Jan-18

To move forward, it is very common for reputable breeders to post pictures of their dogs breeding to prove their dogs' ability to breed naturally. Dogs with low libido or inability to have or complete mating are generally culled from breeding programs. Working line breeders look at the whole package.  

I was told that I was being laughed at in other groups for calling a rapestand a rapestand and for thinking that it is common for breeders to.... well, breed dogs. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Solitaire13

Jan-18

Here is where I got my education.  One person stated that all Collie and Poodle breeders all whack their dogs off and artificially inseminate their dogs.

Another person stated that even if all of the dogs live in the same household, they wank his wienie, set the bitch on a breeding stand (rapestand) and artificially inseminate.

This was an eye opener for me! I was not aware that so many breeders of "natural" dogs did not let them breed. They claimed they did it for the safety of the dogs. I do admit that there can be danger involved,  look at Paska vom Salztalblick, but come on. One tragedy is an exception,  not a rule.

Just wanted to add that the breeders claiming that they are preservationists that are objecting were all conformation breeders if various breeds.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Solitaire13

Jan-18

What do y'all think?

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jan-18

You know what I think, but I will post it anyway.

1. A dog or bitch that is too aggressive to mate should never be bred. Never, no exceptions.  Aren’t there enough out of control, aggressive dangerous dogs already?

2. A female that can’t mate without sitting down should never be bred. 

3.  Yes, many Breeders use AI. Do you want me to ask at the other place? It’s much more common than you know.  I actually think my T was AI because the sire is mysteriously absent.

Solitaire13

Jan-18

I think it would be worth mentioning there. I would like to see input on it.