German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Take this mask and shove it!   Controversies, Catastrophes and Teaky Moments (Enter at your own risk)

Started Sep-19 by Solitaire13; 384 views.
Solitaire13

Sep-19

Take This Mask And Shove It! - Steve Stewart

My spin on a Johnny Paycheck Classic! Everybody Enjoy!

In reply toRe: msg 1
Solitaire13

Sep-19

Dr. Lee presents Can't Touch This Covid Parody

Dr. Quentin J. Lee, Alabama principal, sings a rap song about Covid to MC Hammer's classic hit of "U Can't Touch This." As we are all getting ready to go bac...

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-19

Haha. I’m tired of masks!

Solitaire13

Sep-19

I am having the most difficulty with social distancing.  I have a habit of pushing into people that are sightseeing when I am trying to get my shopping done.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-19

People should not dawdle during distancing.  I hate that.

Solitaire13

Sep-19

I go in with a list, in and out. My time is valuable.  Other people go on and scan everything on the shelf in every aisle,  taking their time, and blocking the aisle in the process. Very rude.

I love contactless delivery.  They should have done that years ago especially with so many people working full time.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-19

It’s a good option. I try to go at times when the markets are empty. One market isn’t crowded when it opens. Another is empty mid morning. I use self check if they have it.

In reply toRe: msg 7
selzer

Sep-25

I don't wear a mask.  It is a mandate, not the law.  And if it was the law, if you have certain conditions, you don't have to wear it.  Well, that is me.  I have certain conditions.  

I understand that people are scared.  I think the masks, or seeing folks masked up feeds the hysteria.  Our county has had 48 deaths since March for 100k people, and most of them were from the same nursing home.  Nothing said about any flu deaths this year.  I mean, the flu kills old and sick people who are in nursing homes.  This is like this year's flu bug, only its worse than most.  Some people are going to die this year.  Got to keep the funeral homes in business.  We aren't going to live forever.  The thing is, if we stop living because we are afraid of dying, then we are dead already. 

If I die of the Covid, I can think of worse ways to go.  I have more problem with the isolation from never being able to see people's faces.  I spent a lifetime avoiding eyes.  I use facial expressions and lip reading to hear and understand what people are communicating.  It helps me connect.  Now that is gone.  It sucks.  A 24 year old gal at work killed herself.  Jumped off a bridge.  I don't know if it had anything to do with Covid, but suicides are up.  The gal I buy my dog food from, her best friends -- murder-suicide.  That's two in a couple of weeks.  I still don't know anyone who has gotten the virus, much less died of it.  My cousin, who I don't know, who lives in Texas, got it, but he's recovering.  I think we are way overboard.  

In reply toRe: msg 8
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-25

I don’t like masks at all. You can’t see people’s faces or expressions, voices are muffled and it’s hard to breathe. But it’s required here, so we don’t have a choice if we want to go anywhere.

selzer

Sep-26

It's required here too.  It is a governor's mandate.  But, I have asthma, a lung obstruction, and mental illness (I tend to flashback and panic when my airway is obstructed), so I don't have to wear one.   I walk past the signs that say you must have one for entry.   If an employee asks, I just calmly say I have a medical issue and they just wave me on.