German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Solitaire13

Sep-23

Anybody else use ebooks? I really like them and am trying to organize my system better. Depending on who you buy them from, organization can be elusive. 

My question right now is that material can be downloaded in various formats. Some places give the option of downloading in multiple formats while some only offer one. 

I suppose there are file converters that one can use to put them all in one format do that they can all be read by nook or by kindle. 

Or one can keep some in nook and others in kindle allowing one to read two books at once which I often do.

Is there any reason that one would want to keep all books in mobi and pdf? 

Just curious,  can I read a book on my kindle offline while reading another book in kindle online on my cell?

What do you guys do?

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-24

I have a kindle but I don’t use it often.  Usually the books I want to read have an expiration date.  I use the library or a free service.

Solitaire13

Sep-24

Free service? Like?

I tried real hard to get the library to work but never succeeded. Problem was that back then, even if I had gotten it to work,  I still would have had to go to the library in person within 2 to 4 weeks to finalize things.

Odd, but I never knew that a lot of educational books could be found in the library yet you can go to a college or university bookstore and buy it off of the shelf or sometimes even buy it online.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-24

Some classics are free on eBooks.