German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Solitaire13

Oct-26

What is your opinion of a smaller breeder with an active website that dates way back but fails to update it?

Now, I know that a smaller breeder may not need to advertise but ...if you are going to have a website, and your operation is small.. what's the big deal? 

Just my opinion, a poor or dated website reflects poorly on a breeder.  I would rather see no website. 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-26

It doesn’t bother me at all. Not everyone is savvy or wants to buy a nice site.  Some use Facebook.  I always look at Breeder sites and they are all over the place. Some are very nice and professionally done. Others are pretty site but impossible to navigate. Some are just bad or old.

So, I don’t know, I think the website thing is our problem, not the breeder.

Solitaire13

Oct-26

Could be, but when I am searching for a pup, I like to do my homework and start with websites. 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-26

I do too and get very annoyed when all I can find is a Facebook page with hardly any posts or an old website. Are you looking for another dog?

Solitaire13

Oct-26

No, actually I was referencing a breeder that got me riled today. ;)

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-26

Haha. I will look her up.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-26

She has a private Facebook page and nothing else.

Solitaire13

Oct-26

She must have taken it down. It was up for many many years and I don't recall her ever updating it. She always had a bunch of excuses. 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-26

She always has a lot of excuses for eveything.