German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I recently adopted..   Welcome and Administration

Started Nov-10 by Collapczar; 340 views.
Collapczar

Nov-10

I recently adopted Hoss. A 4 year old German Shepherd that needed a home. My last two dogs were Dobermans. A female (Dizzy) who passed with age and a boy (Dozer) who had heart disease.

A couple things.. the dobes were shiny and I could see them in the dark. I could see their coat. Hoss isn't shiny and he knows I can't see him. He's camoflauge. And he knows it. I have to use a light or headlamp just to see his eyes. He also doesn't like dog food. Any dog food. He only wants real food. He like knows the difference.

He's a good boy. He's a big boy but skinny. He's smart and we train.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-10

Why can’t you see him? Is he all black?  I have an all black dog and I can see him but sometimes in the dark, he blends in. He is indoors at night, though.

Solitaire13

Nov-11

Lol. Of course they know the difference between kibble and real food. Do you know what he was fed before? What kibble have you tried feeding him now?

DW (GSDogwalker)

Nov-11

I’m trying to figure out why the dog is invisible.  The OP has not returned.

Collapczar

Nov-17

He was fed Kibble before. I'm feeding him better quality. Taste of the Wild 'Wetlands'.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-17

If he still doesn’t like it, try something else. Is there a canned version of the same food? Or try adding toppers.  Has he been examined by a vet to see if there is a medical reason he’s not eating?

Collapczar

Nov-17

He's not invisible. He's way more camo like than the dobes were. The dobes were shiny and more reflective. He has a more 'flat' like color. Black back and nose, brown head and sides, light tan underneath.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-17

If he’s skinny and not eating much, he could have worms.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-17

Do you keep him outdoors?  

Collapczar

Nov-17

He was sort of thin. I think because he is only 4. It's not worms. I took him to the vet right away. We went back in 2 weeks also. I wanted to make sure he was healthy right away.