German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Military service dogs left behind to fend for themselves   German Shepherd News, Videos and Miscellaneous

Started Aug-31 by DW (GSDogwalker); 769 views.
DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-31

Solitaire13

Aug-31

There was a rescue of dogs and cats forced to leave them behind. I think someone took the cats and the dogs were turned loose.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-31

Yes they were turned loose. Awful.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-31

I missed a lot of posts on the other site but apparently they have been talking about this.

Solitaire13

Aug-31

I don't know. Can't remember the last time I read anything over there.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-31

I read a few posts then close it out.

Solitaire13

Aug-31

The most I do is scan the thread headings. Same old ####, just a different day.

bearshandler

Aug-31

The dogs were from a mercenary group that left earlier. The group was working with the UK. They all ended up with an animal rescue who was trying to get them ent here. There’s a bunch of back and forth between different groups with some being called scammers. Beyond the fact that the US controlled the airport, it had nothing to do with US. The dogs were released because they were at the airport but weren’t being taken. They have a better shot at surviving that way than sitting there in kennels. The head of the rescue was an American woman. She refused flight back because she didn’t want to leave a disabled puppy behind.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Aug-31

Why couldn’t we throw a few dog crates into a plane and bring them back?  We may not have owned them but they should have been taken.  So sad the rescue groups have to fight ami g themselves. I hope those dogs find homes but thst seems unlikely given the danger and chaos.  

Are we also positive the story being told us is true?