Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jan-30

AislinnDeb

Jan-31

I kind of think this was done deliberately. She was told twice before she went to the airport that the peacock couldn't fly as her emotional support animal. Peacocks are large and LOUD. I think it's just a matter of time before the government is forced to make some real laws. 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jan-31

That makes sense.  It made the news.

AislinnDeb

Jan-31

Which is probably what she wanted... It's really getting a bit out of control.

Gersheps

Feb-14

When I was stationed overseas, I flew from Kuwait to Bahrain sitting next to a man with a Falcon riding on his arm.  The bird was hooded and quiet, but shortly before we landed, the bird crapped on my pants leg.  I was not pleased.

On another flight, from Damascus to Kuwait, a guy tried to bring a goat on board, but the airline refused to let him board.  I was very glad, since that goat stank to high heaven!

Steve

DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-14

How did the Falcon get on board?  A service goat or just an ordinary goat?

Gersheps

Feb-14

The Falcon belonged to the Kuwaiti citizen who owned it, and since the flight originated in Kuwait, the guy could do what he wanted to.   The goat was a regular goat.  They didn't have the concept of "Service" animals in the Middle East back then. Probably they still don't.  An animal was just property, and probably still is. 

The Bedouins in the desert used to drive their camels out onto the highway to be hit by a car or truck, so that the owner could get "Compensation" from the owner of the car or truck,. assuming he survived the accident.  First (and only) time I ever saw a Convertible Station Wagon.  Not a pretty sight!

Steve

DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-15

I can’t imagine allowing ones animal to be hit by a truck for a little money.  That is terrible!

Gersheps

Feb-15

Life is very cheap in that part of the world. 

Steve