MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-9

The size of the dog surprised me.

AislinnDeb

Feb-9

That's scary. I miss my barn swallows I had attached to my house before it burned. They would chase away hawks and eagles if they flew over my property. You'd see them flying in the fields around my house, but never over mine. Watching swallows chase a full grown Bald Eagle away is an amazing sight to see.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-9

I’ve seen crows dive bomb a hawk but not smaller birds doing that,

AislinnDeb

Feb-9

Barn swallows are very protective of where they live. My family could walk in and out of the house with no problem and they learned to recognize friends who came regularly. Usually they were pretty good with strangers but occasionally a UPS guy or other type mail person would come and they'd take exception to them. I loved to walk out on the covered part of my porch and two feet or so up would be all the babies lined up looking down at me when they'd crawl out of the nest onto the small ledge.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kazell

Feb-9

We have problems with bald eagles and hawks in my area. Heard of two cases of smaller dogs in town nearly getting got by them. I know of somebody who I gave a kitten to, they took it outside with them and it got snatched in their yard in front of them. :(

DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-10

They sound very pack oriented. Who knew?

In reply toRe: msg 5
DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-10

That is so sad!

selzer

Feb-19

I worry about hawks, eagles, and owls when I have baby-puppies.  Sun screens help, so far the mother dog hasn't had one attacked. If they can snatch up a rabbit...

• Edited February 19, 2018 1:07 pm  by  selzer
In reply toRe: msg 8
DW (GSDogwalker)

Feb-19

They can take anything they can lift that can’t fight back.