German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Homeowners Outraged After New Breeds Restrictions Announced For McConnell's Trac   Controversies, Catastrophes and Teaky Moments (Enter at your own risk)

Started Apr-11 by Solitaire13; 973 views.
Solitaire13

Apr-11

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-11

My guess is that Anderson (the developer) still owns the majority of the lots in the development.  i.e., 150 lots to be sold and built on and Anderson has only sold 50, as an example.  So they retain the rights to alter the original deed restrictions for the community as long as they own the majority of the land.  This is really common in Townhouse developments here.  I'd also bet that the reason the HOA didn't know is because they didn't pay attention and/or Anderson wasn't required by law to notify them of the changes.  

Solitaire13

Apr-11

My girlfriend used to live in a new development that had 99 year leases.

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-11

That is very common here in Senior housing condos, condominiums and housing developments.  Plus I think its the law on tribal lands, non natives or members of the tribe can’t own land or will it to others.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Apr-11

Who owns the property?  HOAs have too much power.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Apr-11

They are townhomes?  That is less surprising then.  Some communities with small or no yards, have size restrictions.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Apr-11

Then they don’t own the land.

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-11

Az is passing laws restricting what HOAs can do but they only address the fact that in the past HOAs could seize property and evict people for non payment of HOA dues as low as $1000 on a $250,000 free and clear home!!!  Talk about power!

DW (GSDogwalker)

Apr-11

So they can do what they are legally allowed to do.