German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How much more can we take?   Controversies, Catastrophes and Teaky Moments (Enter at your own risk)

Started May-25 by Solitaire13; 897 views.
Solitaire13

May-25

I know I am breaking the agreement that I had with admin for this one, but this happened only an hour away from me.  I am very upset. This brings the total to four fatalities in the past two years within a short distance from me.  There have been an inordinate number of maulings and communities held hostage in the news especially the last couple of months also within an hour's drive from me.  What will it take before our legislators determine that people and pets are more important than gamebred dogs living among us? May this poor child rest in peace. This is yet another family pet Pit Bull doing one of the things they do best, mauling and killing family children.  Please people!  Pit Bulls and babies do NOT mix!  If you love your children get rid of your Pit Bull or don't get one in the first place.

DW (GSDogwalker)

May-25

We don’t want any gruesome pictures, but an article is fine if there is a purpose to it and a warning.  As long as we don’t overdo it, a few to remind us are alright.  I keep thinking about the woman who just posted about that rescue hiding a pit as a German Shepherd and trying to shame her into taking it.  This must stop!!!

DW (GSDogwalker)

May-25

Read the comments. Be prepared to get angry.

Solitaire13

May-25

I am sure they are blaming the child and his parents.  Some Pit Bull owners need some serious mental help.

DW (GSDogwalker)

May-25

Is there a type that goes for the breed?

Solitaire13

May-25

High school / college aged people, single white middle income women, and minorities.

DW (GSDogwalker)

May-25

Hmmm. Are GSD owners a type too?

Solitaire13

May-25

They tend to be serious, intelligent, and slightly inclined to be less social.

DW (GSDogwalker)

May-25

That is all of us, although some of us are social. 

Solitaire13

May-30

Sooooo...Grandma...what's it going to be?  The number 1 breed to kill family children times 3, or your grandchild?