German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Onlookers cause moose to drown   Controversies, Catastrophes and Teaky Moments (Enter at your own risk)

Started Sep-4 by DW (GSDogwalker); 154 views.
DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-4

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-4

I heard it on a news story and looked it up. I’m am horrified.

Solitaire13

Sep-4

I was coming home from work one night in a very bad area of town. A dog had been hit by a car. I did not see it happen but the dog was still standing and I saw him collapse onto the frigid asphalt. I stopped my car up ahead and walked back. Several people had started to stop and surround the hurt and frightened dog. He lay on the cold street as these strangers knelt down and kept attempting to pet him. Each effort to touch him was met with a lunge from the poor dog, and I mean a full body lunge that he could muster despite his inability to get up. I could have cried at the stupidity. I yelled at them to stop doing that. I went back to my car and brought it down to block traffic as nobody seemed interested in avoiding hitting the stupid white people or the dog. I then put my coat on this dog and called 911 who refused the call referring the call to animal control, which was closed. After numerous calls from people there about the street being blocked off, 911 finally took the call and thankfully a dog loving officer arrived and handled things from there. I never will forget the people who meant well that kept making this poor dog lunge again and again possibly causing further damage and pain. Some people don't have common sense.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-4

That is so sad.  I’m glad you rescued the dog. You saved its life.

Remi (DerWolfram)

Sep-7

This makes me really mad. Humans are loosing our respect and awe of nature. It's all about getting the best photo and proving you were there rather than appreciating the moment and what's inside that moment. 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Sep-7

I am too but for a different reason. I don’t know if it’s lack of respect or sheer ignorance of wild animals and behavior.