German Shepherd Dog Forum

Hosted by Showtalk

Promoting responsible German Shepherd Dog ownership

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dlila's Homecoming!   Welcome and Administration

Started Oct-18 by Solitaire13; 797 views.
DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-19

Gorgeous!!!  You are such a good photographer.  Now I want an ACD.

Solitaire13

Oct-19

Do it! Get a workingline! Be prepared to fall in love!

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-19

But they are not social outside of their families.  I would have to get two puppies. An ACD and an Aussie.  You are an enabler.

Solitaire13

Oct-19

That is what they say but here is my inexperienced opinion on what I see in Dlila. Right now she is super sociable to the point that I think she will retain a good deal of that trait. She does NOT like anything that she perceives as violent actions and will try to bring it under control.  I suspect it might extend to humans with maturity,  but maybe not. Aussie and ACDs will be a good match to raise together. 

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-19

It’s also possible she is atypical.  I met a 6 month old ACD at a local fair and he was not at all social with me or my dog.  He was owned by the president of a dog club.  She used to have Aussies and I’m not sure why she changed breeds.  She said he needs a lot of socialization.  

Solitaire13

Oct-19

Yes it is but that is why I stress to get a working line.  Show dogs are rarely bred for proper temperament.  

Have you looked up ACD temperament?  What did you find out?

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-19

Not social with people except family

Solitaire13

Oct-19

https://cattledogworld.com/good-family-dog/

Make sure to watch the video with the little girl.  That is Dlila to the T except she does that to the unruly dogs.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Oct-19

OMG that dog with the saddle looks just like K. I wonder if she is part cattle dog.  She behaves like that too.